Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cancun!

For our graduation present, Mom and Dad Smith took Justin and I, my brother (Chad) and Justin's brother (Nate) to Cancun. We had a blast! Instead of overwhelming you with details, I'll just post the pictures and comment on them below...

The gang at Chichen Itza in front of the main pyramid there. We were all sad to learn that they blocked off the pyramids to prevent people from climbing them.
We went to a place called Hidden Adventures. They had snorkeling, zip lines, cenotes (which are caverns with water in them), scuba diving, and lots of other fun things to do. This is the family after snorkeling in a cenote.

A little out of order, but this is us right before we went snorkeling
The Hidden Adventures place rigged up a zip line that went from above ground to below and then ended by splashing you into a freezing cold cenote. It was a lot of fun!


We went to a Zoo there that would have never been able to even open in America probably due to liability issues. This zoo was amazing! We got to hold all sorts of dangerous, wild animals. Here is Justin with a boa constrictor
Chad and I with the bigest iguana that I have EVER seen!
We also held crocodiles....
And fed tons of deer.....
Held parrots and even let them "kiss"us...
And we even got to feed wild monkeys. They would seriously come right up to us and take the bananas right outta our hand! I guess you gotta go to Mexico to live dangerously and to have fun!
This was at Hidden Adventures again waiting to go on the "Sky Cycle." The sky cycle was a contraption that they supposedly invented to where you can "bike" through the jungle. it was pretty cool!

Justin above and I below on the "Sky Cycle"

This was our amazing pool at our hotel. This picture doesnt even show a third of the pool, it was one pool connecting onto another and another by waterfalls...
Justin trying to climb a coconut tree at the beach on our hotel... he was succesful and cracked open a not so ripe coconut. Luckily in Mexico they dont have any policy's about this type of thing :-)


After church on Sunday, we all went out for a stroll on the beach.. do you think we stuck out a little bit??
Justin and I at Tulum. If I was born many centuries earlier and was part of an ancient Mayan civilization, I would have wanted to live here. It was simple stunning! For those of you who haven't been here, it is a must go!

The fam at Tulum

Xcaret is a really neat jungle type park that allows you to do lots of activitites. The night show here was amazing! This was the biggest hammock I have ever seen by the way...







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how amazing! and your brother looks so grown up!

Meg and Abe said...

I'm so glad you went to xcarett! It is so fun huh. Looks like you are enjoying Mexico!

AmyLyn said...

WOW!! I'm so glad you posted pictures! Ok, how old are those adorable brother-in-laws of yours, and are they taken? Because i have two beautiful sisters from MESA! One is at BYU and one is a senior this next year. We must matchmake.

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun!! (besides the snake thing)