Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Ethan!

"Ethan is 3 years old!" This is what my sweet boy has been telling me for the past few weeks (or for the last month, since I am over a month late on this) and I refuse to believe it. Where did my little baby boy go? They just grow up entirely too fast... if I think about it too much I will cry so I will move on before the flood gates open :)

Ethan turned 3 years old on July 9th and we such a fun time celebrating his birthday (twice!) We were in Minnesota visiting my parents and we had a little party there for him. Nothing too special. My cousins, Uncle and of course, the grandparents were there and we had some simple cupcakes to celebrate with. Justin and I did spurge however and bought him a Toy Story table cloth, balloon and plates- he loved it. My uncle and cousins gave him a heavy duty tractor, which he loves! And grandma and grandpa gave him a cool, new Buzz Lightyear doll!!!
They actually gave him the same present last year. But considering that Buzz looked like this at the end of that year....
it was time for a new one :) Buzz was a well loved action figure, may he rest in peace.

The first thing he said when he saw the Buzz was.. "Mommy, look! Buzz not got died anymore!" and he has been referring to it as "the real Buzz Lightyear" ever since. It even talks in both English and Spanish just like in Toy Story 3!

Ethan blowing out his matches.. yes, matches. We didnt have any candles...
My Uncle, and cousins, Brittney and Brock came to join the fun as well..
Enjoying his Buzz doll...
When we came back to AZ, we had another little party with the Smith side and Ethan racked up big time with the Buzz Lightyear paraphernalia!

He got a Buzz Lightyear/ Toy Story: tent, comforter for his bed, pillow case, computer hand-held game, t-shirt, kite, and I know there was more.. I just can't remember it all!
Here he is with his cake. I am not one of those fancy schmancy cake makers so we went with a Texas Chocolate Sheet cake. Not Ethan's favorite but mine :)
His big present was a cool Spiderman bike! We used the money grandparents had given us and bought this for him. Justin and I were so excited to give this to him and the first thing he said when Justin brought it out was..."Umm... no thanks, Ethan don't like Spiderman." We just had to laugh! He is now ok with it and loves to ride it around.

Things about Ethan at 3 years old:
  • He is quite the talker! He loves to practice talking and is learning how to form correct sentences more and more everyday...
  • He has quite the imagination. I love to hear him play with his toys and pretend with them...especially when he puts them in time out for making "bad choices" :)
  • He loves to sing songs.. In fact, one of his favorites to sing is "I Will Go Sailing No More"(or whatever the name of it is) from Toy Story. It's pretty impressive how he knows every word to it!
  • He is still just as crazy busy as ever. I just don't have to worry about him hurting himself anymore so my job has gotten easier :)
  • He LOVES his little sister and can get her to laugh more than anybody else can.
  • He has an incredible memory.. do all kids remember things pretty well?
  • At his check up he was:
  • Weight: 31 lbs- 50%tile
  • Height: 38in- 75%tile
  • He still eats more than I do and eats a wide variety of foods.
  • Instead of sitting down on the potty, he is now "making rainbows" and is very proud of it :)
  • He is "so afwaid" of everything! I think it is a stage he is going through ( I hope!)
Ethan is such a special little boy and we feel so blessed to be his parents! He makes us laugh everyday and we just love the cute things he says. We cant imagine our lives without him. He has brought so much happiness and joy into our home and has helped us to be better people. He deserves the best parents we can be! And, he will always, always be my sweet little boy.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

how fun! I can't believe how old these kids are getting - it seems like just yesterday they were born.