From July 3- 13th, all four of us went to visit my parents at their new lake home in the SUPER small town of Lakefield, MN. My mom inherited property on a lake and for the past 3 years they have been working and saving hard to build her a home there. She was raised there as a farm girl and is excited to be back. 3 years ago, Justin went up to help my dad clear the land. Last year, we all went up to help them put the house together ( it is a pre-manufactered home), and this year we helped out where Mom and Dad needed us to.
We arrived on the 3rd and got to my parents house super late due to flight delays. On the 4th, we woke up and went to church and then afterwards, we joined my parents, my uncle and cousin and watched the Okobena parade!
Ethan loved seeing the firetrucks, trucks, and tractors (old and new)...
But who am I kidding...what he really loved the most was the candy! That kid scooped up the candy off of the sidewalk super fast and had a look of pure joy on his face while doing it!
Grandma held the loot in her shirt until it was over-flowing with candy. Then, we filled up the back pack.
Ethan was so funny when people would throw him objects other than candy... For example, someone threw some bead necklaces at him and he looked at it on the ground, kicked it back on the street and said, " I no want necklaces. Only candy!" Spoiled? I think so :)
Miss Ellie and I enjoyed watching the parade/ her big brother as well...
While Ethan was shoving his mouth full of candy, Ellie was chomping away at my hand! She loves to do that.

After the parade, we went to the nearby park. Ethan and daddy had fun playing on all the equipment. I just love this picture below! Pure happiness!

That night, we went over to my Uncle Mike's house and the boys popped some firecrackers. Ethan was "so afwaid" and insisted on hiding from the firecrackers like this....

Ethan loved riding the 4-wheeler with daddy until Justin took him by the hog barn, showed him a dead pig, and then parked the 4-wheeler right in front of the hog barn fans! He wanted nothing to do with the 4-wheeler again! I think that's enough to scare a poor little 3 year old!
And watched this good looking guy work hard :) (The wind was blowing his shirt. He really isn't a hunchback)

The work was totally worth it for a beautiful view like this....
Isnt their view beautiful?! They get to look out at this from their back living room window!
Honestly though, I really didn't work very hard doing the things mentioned above. My husband, father and mother? Yes. Me? Not so much. I was busy taking care of these little cuties :) I dare say that I had the best, most fun job!
I know. Gasp. Ellie is actually without a headband!
But my mom would occasionally take breaks and read with our kiddos. This is her most favorite thing to do and Ethan loves to read with her!
5 comments:
I think inheriting land would be the most amazing thing ever! What a blessing.
OH and I met Elder Moore last night, he is my neighbor's brother. He served in the Vidor ward in 2002. He asked about you and talked about how much he loved your parents house and how it was just back by itself. It was fun to talk to someone who served in Vidor and not the N. Vidor wards.
how fun for your family! My dream would be to have a house on a lake. :) Course I don't want one unless I get a ski boat too! :) he he. Such fun memories ya built with your kids and parents! :)
WOW - that view is incredible!!! Loved Justin's hunchback picture - you are so funny! Looks like you had a fun, beautiful visit!
So Ashleigh, do your parents live there all year round?
Maybe one of these trips to MN we could meet up together. I know it is hard, because usually trips are so busy already. :)
Love those pictures. Minnesota is beauitful.
Oh my gosh- that pic with you on the tractor cracked me up. It reminds me of this: "Hey ya'll. Muh name's Ashleigh and I'm from Vidor, Texas. I'm majorin' in bology and fixin' to go change muh ohl." HAHA!
Post a Comment