Ethan started preschool this week and loves it! He is going to a lady in our ward, Mrs. Terri, who had a preschool set up in her home. It is 2 days a week for 2 hours a day and it is called, Tiny Sprouts Preschool and so far I have been impressed with what she is doing with the kids.
The preschool actually started last week but Ethan's first day was Tuesday since we were in MX for the first week of school. They had show and tell on Thurs and I'm sure you could probably guess what Ethan wanted to bring. Yep, his Buzz Lightyear. The teacher said he was so cute up there showing the kids what Buzz can do and then he made it play the "buzz song" while flying it around the room.
It sure is weird to be home and not have Ethan running around and jumping off things during that time, but I won't lie...It sure is nice to just spend some one on one time with little Ellie and try to get stuff done :)
Here is a picture of our big preschooler on his first day...
I think he looks so old in this next picture!

P.S. Does anyone else think it's funny/sad that I have a degree to teach preschool but yet I pay to have my kid go to someone else? I think it is :)

4 comments:
Holy cow, that can't be Ethan!!! He looks so grown up!!! And such a handsome boy. Congratulations on going to pre-school Ethan!!
Out of curiosity, what is your reason for sending him to preschool? I have been hearing about a lot of 2/3 year olds going but I had never thought about it before. You seem to do awesome at teaching him yourself but I know it's good to learn in different formats and I'm sure it's great for them socially.
He really is super cute.
Ashleigh,
I have the same degree and I plan on sending Ethan to a preschool next year. It will actually be Head Start because Kevin is in school. Anyway, I do not think it is weird that you have your degree and are sending him to preschool. I think that two days a week is perfect and 2 hours is perfect, too. I'm sure he enjoys it. Going to preschool is going to continue to reinforce what you're already doing at home. So, no, I don't think it's strange.
How fun for him. I imagine it will be so fun playing with all the kids.
Kind of funny you have him in daycare when it is your major, however, I could see me doing the same thing with Rees. He is sometimes more focused when someone besides mom is in charge, and I think he would like being with some other kids and in a new place.
Post a Comment