Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ellie Marie- 5 Months

Ellie is actually more like 5 1/2 months now but better late than never right? Oh this little girls personality is showing itself more and more everyday!

I love this stage that she is in! Here is why:

  • She lights up when she sees one of us walk into the room and shows us her huge gummy smile..
  • I love, love, love seeing her "happy dance" when I lean over the crib to get her when she wakes up
  • I love her BIG and wet open mouth kisses
  • She is a bouncing machine! Therefore, she loves her johnny jump up..
  • She can't sit up by herself yet and nor does she want to. All she wants to do is stand and jump! I will try to make her sit down and she just pushes those feet out to stand up. I think she will walk before she can sit up on her own :)
  • She can now roll from tummy to back (she has perfected this because she hates being on her tummy) and from back to tummy, which she doesnt ever want to do but can do. She hasn't quite figured out though that she could roll herself to wherever she wants to go.
  • She is starting to babble more but all in all, she is a pretty quiet baby
  • She LOVES watching Ethan. Her eyes never leave him and he is pretty much the only one that can get her cracking up
  • She is 100% a mommy's girl. If Justin is holding her and I'm walking about in the room, she will do everything she can to keep her eyes on me... I really don't mind that she is attached to me- Ethan never was so I welcome the love :)
  • She sleeps from 7:30-8pm to 6:15-6:30am. She naps from 8:30-10:30am, 1-1:30-3:30pm and then sometimes a short nap in the evening. If you are wondering how we fixed her early waking issue that i posted about earlier, I didn't. If she wakes up at 5:30am though, she usually gets to fuss or play until 6:15 or 6:30. I'm hoping that with some solids she will be able to sleep a little later. She is still little too. And with napping, I spent a week just trying to figure out what her sleepy cues are and playing around with a napping schedule. This one has worked the best so we are sticking with it for now.
  • Amazingly, I have never had to sleep train her. If I lay her down before she gets overly tired, she will just go to sleep on her own without a cry. She has always been like that, Amazing, I know.
  • She LOVES to eat her feet. She is perfectly content to simply roll around on the floor eating her feet. Ethan never ate his feet to this extent and I think it is really cute!
We are pretty sure that she is teething. Her bottom gums are swollen and she is drooling like
crazy! See pic below...
Oh how we love this little girl! She is so easy, content, loving, fun and beautiful (at least we seem to think so :)

And let us not forget our little Ethan...
(Don't you just love the awkward smile phase they go through?:)
We love him so much! He makes us laugh everyday and brings so much joy to our home. We sure love our children and feel so blessed to have them!

4 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

Ha ha! My girls were standers/jumpers from birth! I am not kidding! They never much snuggled as babies, they pretty much wanted to stand. :) It's a good thing :) Mine walked by 9 -10 months and I LOVE it when they start walking :) i am sure your little cutie is not far behind!

Crowley Family said...

Naomi was a runner, always moving her feet like she wanted to take off. As you can still see she is a runner. Ellie is getting so big, she is such a cutie. SOMEDAY when I have another child (that means I'm NOT pregnant yet), I will need your advice on sleeping because I want the next one to sleep better then Naomi did.

jeff and alli said...

She is just so cute.

Isla is sitting up, but still working on rolling over.

I feel like these girls are growing up sooo quickly.

Amy said...

Happy five months, Ellie! She is adorable, Ashleigh. Seriously. Kaleigh totally skipped the sucking feet stage. I was sad.