The drive down was long. Very long. What usually took us 2 days, took us 3 days of traveling. The kids did great but it just takes a lot of time to stop for feedings, potty breaks, etc. When we finally got there, we stayed with our good friends Eduardo, Gladyss & Anette. Eduardo is Justin's go-to man down there for work so they have become great friends while I just adore Gladyss and her sweetness! And here they are:
The day after we arrived, we attended the wedding of Ramon & Daniela. Justin also works with Ramon down there and his wife is from a smaller town just outside of Culiacan. Apparently Daniela's family if super wealthy (and she just obtained her law degree) and well known so needless to say,it was pretty extravagant. I really felt like I was at a celebrity wedding complete with paparazzi, BMW's, the works. Her dress and hair were gorgeous! I wish I would have taken a pic of the dress... It had to have cost thousands!
Here is a pic of the happy couple:
After the wedding, which was held at a very quaint and pretty cathedral, we went to the reception held at the Salon Ingles. It was very nice with a dinner, drinks, and dancing. The only down fall (which is apparently pretty common at big parties like this) was that the music was so so SO loud! They had a band in there blaring away trumpets into microphones with the speakers on super loud. We couldn't even think. If we go deaf in the future, I really think it will be caused by that music!
Anette had a hard time with it...Bless her heart..
But Ethan could have cared less as long as he had juice. After 3 glasses of juice, I had to tell the waiter to stop bringing more to him. He never gets it in our house so it is quite the treat for him :)
Amazingly, Ellie slept the whole time we were there. We put her underneath the table in hopes that the table cloth would drown out some of the music and help her to not become deaf :) It must have worked!
And here is the other happy couple....
Ethan and I had so much fun dancing out on the dance floor! I don't have any good pics of us bustin' our moves but everyone was staring at us so we must have been good. Oh wait, maybe they were staring because we are blonde haired, blue eyed and I was about 8 inches taller than any other woman out there trying to make my hips move like theirs.. That was probably why :)
After the wedding festivities, we had fun visiting some of our old friends and neighbors like Elias, Ana, and their two kiddos Juanpi & Santiago..
Visiting with Rafael y Isabela
I love this picture because it shows the apron that everyone had to/ wanted to wear to preserve their clothes when holding our little spit up baby..
And we also had fun playing around the house while the boys were out working. Ethan and Anette had lots of fun playing doctor. They would give each other shots and feed each other "medicine." It was funny watching these two play together. Anette would speak Spanish and Ethan English yet somehow they played well together despite the language barrier!
Just one of me and little Ellie for kicks
We were so grateful to Eduardo & Gladyss for housing us while we were down there visiting! They are such a great family!
After a whole week of no naps and no schedule, I think our little boy was tired...
And sure, Ellie wasn't all that tired at night but who could resist not smiling when you look over at her hotel crib to see this cute little face staring at you?? I sure couldn't!
It was a great trip and we look forward to the next!



2 comments:
The wedding looked like fun! :) You need to buy a PACIFEEDER or the knock off. You don't have to stop for feedings - it's a pacifire conected to a "hose" and a bottle. A MUST FOR MEXICO travelers! :)
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!
Post a Comment