No brag, just fact. That's what my father-in-law says when he or someone else says something good about his kids. Now, with this post, I have some video of Ethan telling us his shapes, numbers, and letter sounds and I know no one is really going to care about it unless you are family, but feel free to watch if you want! Mostly, I just want to document what Ethan is learning. I will admit though that I am proud of him...he's a pretty smart little almost 3 year old :)
This first video is Ethan telling us his letter sounds. He has known them for about a month now and it is fun to hear him try to sound out words... I know you are prob thinking, "Come on Ash, he is 2 for heaven's sake" but I promise I'm not pushing him. We make it fun and I studied Early childhood Education...I just cant help myself :) He can also recognize all the upper and lower case letters!
We are still working on his vowel sounds though.. those are hard ones to learn!
This is Ethan with shapes. He has known all of these since about February...You have no idea how many times we have done this puzzle :)
And this last one is of Ethan telling me what numbers are on the puzzle. He recognizes all the numbers from zero to 10 and can count up to 20 in English (although 14-16 sound like the same thing) and to 10 in Spanish.
Anyways, that is the most recent on what Ethan is learning! Remember guys, no brag...just fact!
If you are wondering what the best ways are to teach your child things like this here is what has worked for us:
-Puzzles of all different varieties! They are fun and educational!
-Books, lots of books! We go to the library every week and I always let Ethan pick out what books he wants but then I pick out a few that are more educational...like books about shapes, colors, numbers, etc.
-Super Why! Ethan loves this show and I have absolutely no problem with him watching it! It's great in helping your kids get started with their letter sounds!
Hope you enjoyed this family!
6 comments:
Dude Mia is turning 5 and doesn't know ALL of her letters yet, let alone upper and lower case. You need to tutor me to tutor my kid! :)
Way to go Ethan! What a smarty pants!
That is so awesome! I just recently wanted to post how I'm stressed b/c Aimi Lark still doesn't know any of her letters/numbers but I keep telling myself to calm down! Thanks for the tips!
That is AWESOME!!! WOW, i really need to start reading more books. I used to be good at reading to him but now that i have the twins I just find myself feeding all the time. THanks for the ideas!!!
I've got to tell you Ash, if that was my son I'd be bragging like crazy! What a smart little boy--I can tell he's had a dynamite Mommy helping him out. You're great. I miss ya! PS--That baby girl is beautiful. I haven't told you in at least a week so I thought I'd add it in! ;)
You could even brag, he is a smart little kid.
Post a Comment