At the time, we thought he was a pretty cute kiddo but looking back, we think he looks a lot like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Scraggly, sparse, nasty hair, uneven, snaggly teeth- totally Gollum :)
Anyways, I've decided that our children really have no hope of having a full head of hair before they are at least 1 years old ... please see why below...
Exhibit A:

Justin when he was about 6 months old. I couldn't find a pic of him when he was one on my computer but he tells me he was just as bald as he was here.. nice....
Exhibit B:

Yes, I know that I look really cute in this picture but I was 3 years old and take a look at that hair. I was completely bald till I was 2 and even at 3, I still had some major hair growing to do:)
But we hope that with a little girl coming it will be easier to hide the nasty growing in of hair phase with all sorts of bows, headbands, etc. We just hope she doesnt go through a Gollum phase and we really hope none of our children have to go through this phase.....

Yikes! :)
9 comments:
haha Oh Ash, you crack me up. I'm pretty sure Ethan never had a "not so cute stage." You and Justin were cute babies, too, even with your shortage of hair. lol Anyway, as far as that last picture goes (cracks me up every time, by the way), I'm pretty sure everyone goes through an awkward phase. I still have a hard time showing pictures of me during mine, though... maybe it's because I worry I haven't changed enough. lol
ps I'm working on updating my blog. Hopefully later this week there'll be something, but don't expect anything too exciting. :)
pss Did you enjoy the novel I just wrote? lol I think when I make comments this long on your blog it means it's been too long since we've talked.
That's ok, I would rather be bald as a kid and then end up with the beautiful locks you have now! :)
haha! reading alicia's comment made me laugh!
And Jake ALWAYS wonders if we have cute kids or not b/c it seems as parents we are biased haha.
OKAY, THAT WAS THE AWESOMEST POST! I am laughing my head off right now. The baldness is sad, but you and Justin were gorgeous as babies, and we've already witnessed that your babies will be gorgeous as well!! What's even funnier were your oh-so-pinchable-cheeks as a growing girl! I remember Sabrina or Theresa had a picture of you when you were 8 or 10 or something, hanging in their college room and it was the highlight of the apartment! I'm still laughing...
Ok Ethan was so cute! He definitely never had a not so cute stage. I do know what you mean though bc when I look back at pictures of Bella I do the same. Must be because they seem to get cuter and cuter as they grow then you look back and they don't seem to look as cute as they do now. Did that make sense? However he was a REALLY cute kid! The hair thing is funny and that last picture is absolutely HILARIOUS!!
Ethan is sooo cute!!! But I know I feel the same way with Carden and hair. His hair is still sooo flat and uneven. I need to give him a buzz. But yes I was bald until i was like FIVE!!!!!! You guys are just a CUTE family even if the hair isnt there or faces round!!!!! I just love seeing all your cute family pictures!!! I wish we got to see you guys at Christmas when we were in AZ but it was just soooo busy!
Ha, ha! Great post! But give yourself a break - gorgeous hair like yours takes a little time. Don't be surprised if your little girls ends up with a baby mullet by 18 months or so. Most baby girls have to go through that phase and there's no hiding it with bows. :)
This made me laugh so hard! I'm terrified my baby is going to be ugly and I know I won't be partial!!!!! I'm glad other people have the ability to think there kids are cute during the not so cute phases!!!! PS I think most babies look like little wrinkly old men anyways :)
Ashleigh! He was beautiful at that age. Even without hair. You just found some terrible pictures. I think you need to post some pictures of those same memories that look good. I've seen them...
Post a Comment