Sunday, February 28, 2010

Less Than 2 Weeks?? Really??

So today I looked at my baby countdown ticker thing off on the side of my blog and realized that I only have 11 days until this baby is due to come out. So pretty much any day now. I guess it really hadn't hit me that I'm really going to have a sweet little girl to hold in my arms so soon until just now. I think it was just last month it hit me that I really am pregnant so it seems as if I should have a lot longer to go! This pregnancy has seriously flown by for me. I think all the traveling we have done has really helped to make that possible. I think we have been out of the country for pretty much half of my pregnancy, if not more!

Am I ready for this little baby?? Well, as far as having the house completely cleaned, nursery completed, hospital bag packed, etc. then no, not so much- ok not even close- but mentally I guess I am. I guess I haven't really given a lot of thought as to how I am going to handle 2 kids and I am just thinking I will take it day by day and adjust as I need to. I'm not worried or stressed out. I guess I am more excited than anything. It seems as if we have waited for forever to have another child join our family (I know, it really hasn't been that long in comparison to what some people go through) and we are so grateful for the children that Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I've come to realize that even though we may think, or have the plans, to have 6 kids or so, it might not be in the cards for us. So, what I am trying and will try to do is to just enjoy and soak up every minute I have with my children with every stage they go through. Of course I will need time to myself- time to clean, work on projects, build some talents, etc.- but I don't know if those little precious moments I have with those stages of their lives will be the last time I get to experience it with my very own children. Ethan is in the cutest little stage right now with wanting to tell me every little thing he does. It is constantly "Mommy, Watch! Mommy, I'm doing___!", etc. I try to always show him that I'm excited with what he is doing and I really try to listen to what he is saying. I know that he won't always want to tell me everything and that this stage will pass by too quickly and I will miss those moments with him. As crazy as it sounds, I am so grateful for those miscarriages that we went through because I really think I learned what a miracle having children is and what precious gifts they are. I am so grateful for the beautiful child (soon to be children) that Heavenly Father has blessed us with and I hope that there are more as well. I love being a mommy and I'm so grateful for my sweet husband who works so hard so I don't have to and I can stay home and enjoy all those moments with our children. I have treasured the time I have had with Ethan all to myself and will try to continue to have as much one on one time with him as possible even with a new baby :)

Anyways, these are just some thoughts I've had lately. Justin came home last night from a stake priesthood meeting and we just talked and talked (and I just might have cried and cried) about how grateful we are to be parents and how much we love Ethan and soon to be daughter. It's amazing how much we already love this little girl even though we haven't met her yet. A parents love for their children is truly an amazing thing and we are so excited to make our family a family of 4 :)

5 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

I so know what you mean. :) Ditto in sooo many ways - except for the out of the country part. :) LOl

Amanda B. said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little girl! I agree, this pregnancy has gone faster for me too! Maybe it's because we have a toddler to chase this time around. You look great! Hang in there!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Such inspirational thoughts. Thank you for sharing. I love cherishing each stage as well. I think it is so important!

The McLemore's said...

I am so jealous!!!! any day now! Keep us posted so we can come and meet her right away ;)

Katie said...

We are so excited for you! I thought I would leave a comment so you could find our blog too.