Friday, March 5, 2010

39 Week Check Up

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 39 week appointment and I am dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. The baby's head has dropped lower and is stationed at a 0, which he said is about halfway there. I think it's crazy that even with all that we women can still walk around, exercise, etc and really not feel any different. A woman's body is amazing! He asked me if I wanted him to go ahead and strip my membranes and I said no.. call me crazy, I know! But I'm really not dying to get this baby out of me just yet :) I did schedule an appt for next Tuesday where I'll let him strip the membranes and see if we can't get something going. I know its not very comfortable to do and it's not even a guarantee that it will work, but I figure we can give it a go and see if my body is ready for labor. If it does work, it would be nice to not go over my due date this time around. Anyways, I just thought I would give a little update on how our little girl/her mommy is doing. I just think it's crazy/surreal that we are going to be bringing home a girl version of this so soon!
Was Ethan really this tiny??? I don't believe that this is my energetic, full of personality 2.5 year old....

and I absolutely adore this one:


We are so excited :)

7 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

a 3! that is amazing.
I am always like "barely a 1" and that is so discouraging.

Ashley Smith said...

oh ethan looks so cute!! Halle is 6 months and i want another little tiny one around! Good luck with everything that's coming over the next week or so!!!!!

Gooch Family said...

Oh you will for sure go before next week! I at first thought you had her bc I just looked at the pictures before I read. Good luck!! Can't wait to see her!

Heather Dayton said...

I bet you will have her soon! I had mine stripped 2 weeks in a row with Taylor and it didn't do anything. Still though - I wasn't that far ready on my own yet and it is different for everyone. Good Luck!!! I hope you are getting some good sleep before she comes!

Lauren said...

Exciting!! Amazing that you are still comfortable enough to exercise!

Abe and Amberly said...

Good luck Ashleigh! You will do great! You are such a cute mother!

beloved30 said...

Oh I'm so excited for you guys!!! Be sure and let us know when you pop! By the way... I made an appointment with my OBGYN to get my IUD out. Last time we spoke at your baby shower I told you the plan was to have it out mid-May... I got baby hungry and convinced Preston he wanted to try and have a boy now! I'm soooo excited but at the moment more excited for you!!!