Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ultrasound

Today I had another ultrasound to what that sac of blood behind my placenta is up to and I didn't really get much news. I was hoping to go in and have them say, "Oh wow! The blood has completely dissolved into the placenta so you are now off pelvic rest! You can now go to the gym, go shopping, be a fun and playful mother again, and you will never have to lay down on the couch again!" Unfortunately none of this was said. The lady did the ultrasound and after she was done she said "Ok, well just continue to take it easy..." I was like... Umm... so, what about the blood sac?" She basically said that the sac is still there but she doesn't know if it's gotten bigger or smaller and that the doctor will have to take a look at it. She said that I should continue pelvic rest until the doctor tells me otherwise. Yuck! So, thus continues my laziness of not being able to do much for at least another 2 weeks until my next doctors appt. Oh well!

On a positive note, the baby still has a strong heart beat and is growing just fine! I was really relieved! He/she is now looking less like an alien and more like a baby with litle arms and feet moving around everywhere! With every ultrasound I have had, it has put me as being due March 12th or 13th, so that's when we should be able to meet this little miracle! That would put me at about 11 weeks along with only one week to go until Im out of this danger zone! I am so thrilled!

Im feeling great, except for the horrible nausea, that I have all the time, but it loves to hit me like a semi at about 9:00pm everynight and doesnt relent until the next morning which equals not much sleep but it's ok... for a healthy baby, I would go through just about anything!

Ethan is doing great considering he is stuck in the house most of the day. He is such a good boy and cracks me up everyday. Yesterday we were outside talking and Ethan came running outside like this...


He found Grandma's page markers and had a blast putting them all over his body! He kept pointing at them saying "Owie. Mommy owie!" This kid seriously can always bring a smile to your face and melt your heart!

9 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

I wish the news was better for ya, but I am glad it is still good news too. :)

Hey, did you ever (with Ethan) talk to the doctor about volleyball. I know I can play. I am just wondering about the diving. And more than diving on my belly i mean like flopping on my knee pads, diving on my buns and sides etc. Do you know how long that is ok?

Nicole said...

I too wish the news was a little better but still WAY excited that that little babe is doing well! Love funny Ethan! ;)

Shannon said...

So good to hear you are almost out of the first trimester! I'm sure the baby is growing quite quickly now. I'm sure it stinks being on bedrest though.

And Ethan is hilarious! That picture cracked me up. I cannot believe how big he is!

The Greaves Family said...

Oh Ash, I hope that everything ends up being alright with you and your baby. It's fun to see how crazy your sweet son got with all those stickers. Little boys are such fun. :)

Britni said...

Boys will be boys I guess :)

Gooch Family said...

Wow you are so close to be out of the danger zone! That stinks they said to be on bedrest still, but at least he is still in there kickin away, whatever it takes I guess. Hang in there!

Emily said...

Ashleigh you are so amazing and inspirational. First trimester is so close to being over! Hang in there, I'm thinking of you! Ethan is so cute!

jeff and alli said...

love all the stickers, very cute.

so happy to hear that baby's heart is still strong. i am wishing you a very uneventful week so you make it into the 'safe zone.' :)

Kristina said...

Ashleigh, I think you're living in Mesa now or the surrounding area. I check your blog from time to tiem. Not a great blogger these days. But if I can do anything from cooking, cleaning, babysitting, or even if you just want company give me a holler. You can email, facebook or call me. My info is all on facebook. I am starting up school again today but My schedule is pretty flexible. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can do anything at all.