Well, I figured I should follow up on the doctors appointment that I had yesterday which brought both good and bad news. Let me start off by mentioning that earlier this week, I was having horrible, very severe cramping for about 2 days and I thought for sure I was miscarrying. Luckily I didnt but the cramping was seriously so bad that I was just doubled over in pain. I told my doctor about my consistent spotting that I've been having since I became pregnant and also about the cramping and he was a little concerned since that is not the norm in pregnancy. He examined me and said that the cervix is closed (which is good and is a sign of no miscarriage for now)and everything seemed fine but he set me up for an ultrasound that day. In the ultrasound I was able to see our little miracle and even got to see and hear the heartbeat! It was so cool to see his little heart fluttering and I cannot even describe the relief I felt that this little baby is alive! After the lady was done with the ultrasound she said that she would be right back and that she needed to talk with the doctor real fast. I didn't think anything was wrong so I was surprised when she came back in to inform me that there is a big sac of blood behind the placenta that is considered a threat to miscarriage. My heart dropped and I almost broke down in tears. Luckily I held my composure and was more shocked than anything. She told me that I have to be put on pelvic rest for two weeks, which is basically like bed rest but I can walk around every 30 min or so for a short amount of time, until I come back in for an ultrasound to see if the blood sac has gotton bigger or recessed into the placenta. She didnt really give me a percentage of how many recess or bust but told me if I start heavily bleeding to rush to the ER and informed me of other signs of miscarriage. I wanted to just stop her right there and let her know I knew perfectly well what the signs of miscarriage were and didnt need to hear them again, but instead I thanked her for her help and she sweetly put her hand on my leg and said "I hope to have better news for you in two weeks. Good luck hun."
I got in the car and called Justin, who is my little marathon traveler and is traveling the world this whole month for business, to tell him what was going on. I couldnt get a hold of him and just went back to my in-laws to pick up Ethan. I wasn't very emotional telling them the news and tried to remain positive but last night when I got home and put Ethan to bed, I just finally broke down and cried. I wanted Justin to just be there with me and be my shoulder to cry on but had to use the pillow instead. Bless his heart, I know he wishes he was with me just as much as I do. I guess I have tried to be strong through these miscarriages and months of dissapointment and it all caught up with me last night. I was so excited to see that little heart beating and was so devastated to learn that it might not be beating for too much longer if that blood sac bursts. I had a nice long talk with Heavenly Father last night and felt comforted and I know that whatever happens is in His hands and I am willing to follow His plan for me. I just sure hope that His plan involves the blood sac dissolving into the placenta and that we can have this little miracle baby.
So for the next few weeks I will be staying at my in laws home so I can have help with Ethan and be surrounded by lots of people to talk to :) Im so grateful that we are living close to family who are more than willing to help us out. We are praying that everything will work out fine and that that little heart just keeps beating. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on here as well. Thank you for your support and prayers. In those quiet moments, I can really feel the power of others prayers for us- I cant thank you enough.
12 comments:
Oh my dear, I am tearfully praying for you right now. Thank you for sharing this with us and I am extremely grateful for your in-laws as well.
I'm so sorry for the news, Ashleigh. Those little tender heart beats are so reassuring and I will hope for the best for you and the baby. Good luck on bed rest - I like sudoku.
Your post has definitely brought me to tears! I hope so bad everything works out for you guys and your little bean inside you. Try to stay positive as hard as it is! Heavenly Father knows what we can all handle and He must know that you are able to handle A LOT with the challenges you have received.
I can't imagine how rough this must be for you with Justin out of town and having experience with this in the past. There is, however, still so much hope. I hope you can get as much as rest as possible. I am glad you have such faith in the Lord. He'll help you get through whatever He has in store for you. You're in my prayers.
Ash, I'm so sorry! I'm proud of you for your strength, and I'm so glad you're sharing what's going on so we can be a part of it. We'll pray for you over this way! Love you guys!
I didn't even know you were pregnant! That is wonderful the Smith's are right there to help you, and also know that you have a neighbor that would be happy to have Ethan over to play so you can have a nap! :) I know how hard it is when you are feeling so tired and sick. Seriously, let me know when you are back home and Ethan can come hang out with us for how ever long you want! I'll even fix you some dry toast to snack on :)
I am so glad that you are with your in laws. I was worried how you would manage everything. :) Well, our prayers our with you! :) Just listen to that doctor and rest rest rest. :) Let me know if you need ANYTHING!
Congratulations on being pregnant! and yes that would be so fun if we could have a little one together at the same time! March is a good time! But I really do hope that all goes well. What an eye opener for me. You are a great example. I love ya lots.
Megan Moss
I am crying and praying for you. I really do hope that your sweet little baby will make it. I hope that you continue to find comfort through prayer. You are an amazing person!!!
Oh Ashleigh I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I'm so glad you have family nearby. We're praying for you and precious baby.
Ash I cannot believe that. I am so sorry and will be praying for you.
I hope you can take it easy, rest a lot, and maybe let the in-laws help with Ethan. I'll be thinking about you :)
it looks like i've been out of it for a while! congratulations on the pregnancy....no matter what, you will still have this baby and the other two {at least i believe that} that will ALWAYS be yours! even if you don't get to raise them in this lifetime.
i hope all goes well and you get this little miracle. :)
Post a Comment