Monday, August 3, 2009

Hopefully in March 2010...

Hopefully in March 2010, baby #2 will make his/her debut! That's right there is a bun in this oven and we couldn't be more thrilled! After over a year of trying and 2 miscarriages, we are really hoping that I will be able to carry this sweet little baby full term. I debated with myself whether I really wanted to make the announcement on my blog without being out of the "safe" zone and only 8 weeks along, but I really feel as if it is important that I document in some way my feelings, thoughts, excitement, the whole works since this is basically my journal. And plus, if I end up having another miscarriage, I will most likely write about it on here anyways.

I really feel as if this next baby has a certain time that it is to come join our little family and hopefully this one is it. We are really hoping and praying that this pregnancy works out but if not, I have complete faith in the Lord's plan for us and I know that everything will work out how it is suppose to and for what is best for us. This is something I have learned a lot about this past year and I am so grateful for the opportunity that Heavenly Father has given me to learn about faith and how to have faith in Him and his plan, even if it meant having a few miscarriages. I have gone through life pretty challenge free and would consider this to be my greatest challenge I've ever had. But after meeting many people who cant have children, I have realized just how blessed I am to have a beautiful little boy and how small and minor my challenges with this have been. Thank you to those people who have inspired me with their unwavering faith.

This pregnancy has been way different than the last two pregnancies I have had. I never felt the nausea, tiredness, heightened sense of smell and the body changes that I have felt with this one. Even when I was pregnant with Ethan I didnt really get sick and was pretty energized my first trimester. With this one, I knew I was pregnant before I even missed my period because the nausea hit when I was only 3 weeks prego. I have been consistently nauseated ever since and it has only become worse since I hit week 6. Although I haven't thrown up, sometimes I wish I could to just relieve myself from the nausea for at least 10 min! I've lost just a few pounds from not being able to eat a whole lot and I stick to eating tortillas, bread and dry pasta. It's the only thing my stomach thinks sounds good. I'm pretty sure I can smell a rotten smell from up to at least a mile away as well. I cant stand the smell of our water, my body wash, Justin's soap, our dishwasher, Ethan's diapers (I've dry heaved several times changing him), the smell of our house (its the new house smell- yuck!), nor various other things that blow my way! I've also been super tired and could probably sleep 12 hours at night and then take a 2 hour nap everyday! Dont newborns sleep that much!? Now please do not think that I am complaining... I would gladly be a toilet hugging, bed-ridden, sick the whole 9 months pregnant lady if that meant that I could have a healthy baby. It would be worth every single moment to have a precious little miracle in my arms to hold and care for. So please dont think that Im not so grateful to be constantly nausiated, able to smell everything good or bad, or can sleep for 14 hours a day, becuase I know all of that is a good sign and Im so grateful and happy for it!!!

My first doctors appointment is the Thurs and hopefully I can convince him to give me an ultrasound so we can see a little heartbeat. I just have to know if there is one. When I was about 5 weeks along we had a little scare. I was spotting pretty badly and sometimes with red so we went to the doctor (we were in Minnesota at the time) and everything checked out so far so good. My blood levels and hormones were good and the ultrasound turned out good as well. I am hoping for the same this time around. The spotting has never stopped but they say that the progesterone can cause some spotting sometimes. I'll let you guys know on Thursday if everything's ok and we will just hope and pray for the best! Whatever happens though, I know we can make it through anything with the Lord's help.

We are so excited and hope that this March we will have a beautiful new baby to love and care for! Wish us luck!

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay! Congrats and I sure do hope things go well for ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!! So exciting!!! Good luck and it sounds like a girl to me!! =)

Marin said...

We will keep you in our prayers. Congrats! Hope the first doctors apt. goes well!

Josh and Laura said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you!

Gooch Family said...

Oh I'm SO excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear how the doctor goes and we will be praying for you! So good to know you are sick and have all the symptoms even though its so hard on you, it is such a great sign.

Emily said...

Congratulations Ashleigh! You are just the sweetest person ever, I hope everything goes well at the Dr. and that you are able to get the rest you need.
hugs, Em :)

HolliJo said...

Congratulations guys! We are so excited for you!

Heather Dayton said...

Oh yay! I hope all goes well. I am excited for you guys!!! I hope that you get feeling better soon - it sounds like you've got it pretty rough. Hopefully it's a sign of a SUPER healthy baby :)

Sabrina said...

Congratulations! I really hope all goes well for you this time around.

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I hope everything goes well. We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. I hope they let you hear the heartbeat :-)

bunkbuddies said...

Congrats! I hope everything does go well. I'd love to get together sometime. How does Monday or Tuesday of next week work? Email me.

Sarah and Wes said...

I just have to add my congratulations and well wishes! I'm so excited, and I hope that everything goes well for you! You are so sweet and I miss you guys!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I have been anticipating a post like this!!! yay! I too hope all goes well. Thank you for sharing with us.

Mama's Makin's said...

oh congrats. Looks like you lied! You aren't playing volleyball because of the "food poisoning!" HA!

That's ok. :) I forgive you! :) And just to let you know it is a major concensious (sp?) that you are sicker when carrying a GIRL! :)

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh CONGRATULATIONS! We're praying that everything will go smoothly! Thanks for always sharing your amazing testimony Ashleigh! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope all went well with the ultrasound and that your bouts of nausea calm down soon.

Shannon said...

Ashleigh I'm so happy for you guys! Thinking about what you said, it probably is a good idea to announce it now. My mom told me that I should have told more people before we had our miscarriage, so that people could have been there for us (or at least known) when we did.

You are such an amazing example to me! And you helped me a lot last fall. I will be thinking about you and the baby. Congratulations!!