Friday, July 18, 2014

Yosemite National Park

Pictures just do not do this place justice. At least my pictures don't. Yosemite is just beautiful. 

We set aside a whole day to drive around and see as many of the famous sites as we could. A lot of people spend a few days here camping and hiking around but we did as much as we could do in the time we had, and we pretty much drove through the whole park.

This was one of the first sites as we entered the park. Not too shabby of a way to start off the day.

Yosemite Falls were impressive. Next to the water was a beautiful grassy meadow. I could have laid out a blanket and stayed there all day. 



El Capitan.




There were so many beautiful look out points that we had to eventually pick and choose where to stop. I'd say this one was worth the stop. You can see Half Dome in the back. 

Half Dome. 





Half Dome with Yosemite Falls in the back right.


I seriously had so many beautiful pictures of our day that it was near impossible to narrow down which ones to add to the blog. 

On our way out of the park we stopped by a beautiful grassy meadow, with a river running through it. It was so quiet and serene. Picturesque really. 

Nearby we walked to Soda Springs and tasted the naturally carbonated water. I'd like to say that it was good but it tasted pretty iron-y. It was still cool though!



We saw several families of deer that would come and drink from the river. Unfortunately i didn't have my zoom lens with me and I couldn't get a good picture. 
I think the animals that live in Yosemite have a pretty good life. 


We have been to a lot of really beautiful places around the world and I would honestly say that Yosemite is a competitor for one of the most beautiful places we've been. In my opinion, it even competes with Austria and Switzerland and it's right here in our own country!

Someday in the future, we want to take our kids (when they are older) to hike the trails, camp, and enjoy the beauty that this place has to offer. 

We drove that evening up to Lake Tahoe, the last part of our babymoon vacation. 

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

You got some great pictures! I have another friend who just went there and made me think we need to do a family vacation there.