I'm still in denial that my Mason Man is growing up. I really need him to just stay in this adorable stage that he is in because honestly, he is a whole lot of fun.
I just went back and looked at some of his newborn photos that my good friend, Marcelle, took of him and I can't believe how fast time flies and how quickly they change. Just look at his sweet face....
Even though he is now 2 years older, this kiddo still has the sweetest little face ever.
He also loves to wear his sisters pink necklace that you will see in a few of the pictures :)
I don't know if you can tell, but Mason loves to smile. It is infectious. You can't help but smile when this kids is around. He honestly is rarely grumpy (unless he is in his car seat for more than an hour..and then he cries " I all done!" the whole time), and is a complete joy to have in our family. He can bring a smile to anyones face and has the ability to make anyone automatically adore him.
The Smith's were so nice to make Mason a cute "2" birthday cake. Angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip..yum!
He loved being sung to and still talks about wanting more birthday cake :)
I'd say he liked his cake!
We scored a steal of a deal on craigslist for all the GeoTrax train sets for his birthday. So now our front room is constantly being used to build and rebuild the train tracks. I love it.
Mason is also our most vocal child yet! He talks in complete sentences and has the funniest words for things. A few of our favorites are:
Shappie- which means bath
Gumpins- Trains
Uncle Gunk Gunk- Uncle Jordan
He totally made up these words all on his own and now we all use these words too. Even the older kids call the trains "gumpins"!
So he loves to talk a lot but has only one volume...loud! He talks super duper loud! Even when we try to tell him to talk softly in church or another quiet place, he still just talks really loud and I don't think he even realizes it. Who can blame him though... he's the third kid! He has to talk loud to be heard in this house :)
Mason is by far our most personable kid and doesn't know a stranger. He says hi to anyone! My favorite is when he sees any older gentleman or lady and always makes sure to yell out "Hi Ampa (Grandpa) Hi Ama!" It is SO cute.
Another one of my favorite things that he says is "I hit." Now he is not an aggressive kid at all, but if someone annoys him he will come up to me and say, "I hit Ellie" or "I hit Ethan." He never does, but he'll talk about doing it. It's really funny.
He LOVES animals and gets so excited to see and hold them. It almost makes me want a pet...almost :)
Mason definitely goes through his different phases of loving different objects. His obsession love for flags still holds strong, but he also loves flowers, trains, backpacks, and anything Dora.
He has pretty much officially given up his nap :( I've never had a kid give up his nap this early but honestly, he is happy the whole day and evening so I don't even mind. My other two were deliriously tired, whiny, and cranky come 5 pm when they were giving up their naps, but not Mason...he is just happy the whole day until we lay him down at 7 or 7:30pm.
I think I have more pictures of Mason sleeping than all my other kids combined, Who could resist taking a picture of this cute sleeping face?!
Despite all his developmental set backs in the first year of his life, he has caught up with everyone else and has leaped up on his growth charts.
Height: 37in -97%tile
Weight: 29lbs -50-75th %tile
We seriously adore this little boy and could NOT imagine our home without him. He has the sweetest heart and manages to bring love and excitement to our home even at such a young age. We LOVE our Mason!









No comments:
Post a Comment