At the beginning of May, we went with some friends from our ward up to their parents ranch in Vernon, AZ for the weekend. Every year, the Douglas' host this couples retreat and if we can make it, we love to go! It was so nice to get a break and actually hang out with other couples...it never happens for us otherwise.
We got to take turns shooting and it was fun blowing up those coke cans. I had no idea that a 44 mag had that much power in such a little gun!
The rest of these pictures are just from random, everyday happenings.
I went to bring the kids to the I.D.E.A museum in Mesa and had completely forgotten that no museums are open on Mondays. So we drove down the street and had lunch on the temple grounds. It was the perfect alternative.
Ethan got a subscription to the LEGO magazine and wanted to send in a picture of his very own Lego creation. We hope he makes it in there someday!
The splash pad and snow cones to share is always a good way to spend a hot summer day.
We were so proud of Ethan for graduating from the 3 year Let's Play Music Program! I must admit, he is one talented kid musically. Check out the video of his very own composition that he played at the recital.
This Let's Play Music program is phenomenal. It's a bit of work, but totally worth it.
We just love his teacher, Mrs. Marnie. She will be Ellie's teacher for the upcoming year though so she is pretty excited about that!
It was a very proud mother moment when I looked over and saw my sweet boy reading the scriptures during sacrament. It makes me think...ok, maybe we actually are doing something right? :)
Our Mason Man is probably the happiest kid ever. He wakes up in the morning like this and usually goes to bed the same way. I think we will keep him :)
For Memorial Day, we went up to Justin's grandparents cabin just like we do every year. Mason was in the process of giving up his nap (Nooooo!) and was pretty wasted by the end of the day. We caught him pretty close to falling asleep in his booster chair eating lunch.
Mason LOVES to be outside. He thoroughly explored the area and refused to take his big brothers hat off for pretty much the whole weekend. He is such a fun kid.
We rode the scooter around, swung on the swing, and just enjoyed being up in the pines.
The swing was fun until I sat on it and totally snapped the ropes in half. If that doesn't make you feel bad about your prego weight gain, I don't know what will! Haha! It was actually really funny.
Have I mentioned that we have the best neighborhood ever? Oh, yeah... maybe once or twice ;) Our neighborhood put on an end of school bash with free hot air balloon rides, and showed the movie "UP" in the park. Unfortunately, the line for the balloon was super long but our kids seemed content to watch it from the ground.
These last few are just a few head shots I took while they were playing. It's hard to get these kids to sit still for a pic!
Mother's Day was wonderful and I forced everyone to take a picture with me before heading to church that day. I am just so grateful and feel so blessed to be these sweet children's mother. I thank my Heavenly Father every day that he trusts us to raise them and ask that we be guided as to how to help each one to develop and reach their full potential. I hope we can do that.
May ended with me saying goodbye to my city league volleyball team for the summer...sniff sniff. Our season ended and I knew that we were going to be gone for the majority of the summer, plus I was 7 months prego at the time and probably shouldn't be playing such competitive vball, so I look forward to playing with my girls again after I have this baby. I looooove my Tuesday night volleyball nights and I love playing with these girls!!
Right to Left:
Me, Stephanie, Cassidy (don't let her height fool you...she can fly!), Michelle, Candra & Shelly
























No comments:
Post a Comment