Justin's brother, Barrett, married a sweet and wonderful girl, Lindsay, from Herriman, Utah. It was a beautiful sealing for time and all eternity in the Oquirrah Mountain Temple.
Their sealer (or the man who married them) did a fantastic job. He said some really cool things that reminded us all of the covenants that we made in the temple not so very long ago!
Now on to the befores and afters. We hadn't been back up to Utah since we graduated from BYU 3 years ago, so we were pretty excited to head back up to the place where so many good memories were made. We drove up there (only about a 10-11 hour drive) and the kids did so good! Of course, we pretty much rotted their brains out by playing movie after movie but hey, it made for two happy and entertained kids!
We had some pretty awesome babysitters watching our kiddos while we were inside the temple. Chalene, Caryn and Jordan, we just love you guys!
The kids loved playing around the temple grounds (err... reverently of course :) and Ellie throughly enjoyed trying to pick off all the flowers in the flower beds. Who can blame the her? They are just so pretty!
All the brothers minus Nate, who is serving a mission in Taiwan, with Barrett's best friend on the far left and Nate (Chanda's new hubby) on the far right.
All the cousins on the Chapman side that could make it! There are a ton of cousins on this side (most not pictured I think)! I'm still working on all the names....
The reception was very nice and was beautifully decorated. It was a dessert reception which I have never heard of before. Apparently they are really popular in that area of Utah! There were cookies and ice cream bowels.
Here is a blurry picture of all the bridesmaids. It was so fun getting to get all dressed up and wear 3 inch heels!
Here is the simple but classy cake that Aunt Candy made for them. She is getting better and better with every cake she makes!
And this is the best picture that I could get of Miss Ellie. She was sleep deprived and running on fumes which made for a very defiant and grumpy little girl. But she looked adorable with her matching dress that I made last minute! Seriously, like the day before we left I thought, I want to make her a dress! And so I did. I've never made a dress before and long story short, my good friend Alyson came to my rescue on the sleeves and the whole project was an all day affair. But it turned out pretty good and her matching headband (made the day of) and her sparkly Dorothy shoes were a hit. Maybe next time I'll plan a little better though :)
The next day we headed out to Justin's Aunt Rhonda's house to have dinner and have family time. The kids were so cute racing out back!
Poor Ellie's little legs couldn't quite keep up with those bigger kids' though. They were all having so much fun!
All the adults chatted out front and enjoyed the crisp, chilly Utah weather. The weather made me so excited for our own "winter" here in AZ.
We ended the night with a walk up to the Draper Temple (yeah, she lives that close!) and I just loved this picture of Ellie and her daddy....
I think she was just looking for a more secure way to hold on :)

1 comment:
Looks like a fun trip. I wonder how in the world my parents dealt with us six kids on the 14 hour drive to Utah every summer without dvd players. It was horrible, that's what it was. Thank goodness for modern technology. It is meant for long car rides!
Ellie is growing up so much. In response to your comment months ago, i agree that she looks a bit like the little girl in Eliza's birthday pics (but Ellie is cuter.)
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment