A few months ago, my mother in law told me about a herbalist here in the valley that was able to help her cure some really, really bad acid reflux and then told me that she has been known to help women who have difficulties with infertility. So I casually decided to check into it and called and spoke to her secretary. I asked her secretary all sorts of questions about the methods that are used and how it all works. The secretary told me some amazing stories, miracle stories really, and by the end of our conversation, I knew that I needed to make an appointment to go see her. I had a really, really strong impression, that brought me to tears, that this would be the right thing to do. So instead of justifying myself out of this one, I took the plunge and made an appointment.
She is apparently a very busy lady and I got in to see her a few weeks later (about 3 weeks ago now). She used reflexology and kinesiology (the idea that your spirit knows all truth) to pinpoint exactly where my problems were and I'll admit, I thought it was all a little cooky but I just kept reminding myself of that strong prompting that I had earlier that month. Justin jokingly told me one day, "Ya know Ash, back in the day they called these kind of people witch doctors!"
So what is wrong with me? Well, apparently it's a total hormone problem. While my estrogen levels and testosterone levels are good, my body is only producing progesterone at 10% of what it should be. Which is why if I don't get progesterone supplements before I even know I'm pregnant, I miscarry. My hypothalamus, which basically tells my body to release hormones, is only functioning at 12%, my right adrenal is at 30% and only 2 of my 4 parathyroids are working properly which means I am seriously lacking some good calcium which is essential for a good healthy baby. I know, it sounds like I'm going to die or something with all the low functioning percentages, but really this is why I can't keep a baby very easily. So there ya go. That's what my body is up to.
I left there with some liquid herbs and a few other things and she told me to come back in 3 months to check my progress. She promised me that this stuff is not a bandaid fix and that the corrections would be permanent, and I completely believe her. Sometimes I do doubt the validity of it all but mostly I have had nothing but good feelings about it.. I feel as if this is an answer to prayer. We shall see I suppose. So we must wait to try to get pregnant for a few more months and hopefully I'll be a new woman able to carry and keep a precious baby without any "bandaid" fixes :) I hope and pray that my leap of faith in this is the right thing to do. Wish us luck!
12 comments:
Ashleigh, I think that this is so fantastic! You followed a prompting and I really hope that it solves everything. I hate the word infertility. It sounds so permanent. Go out and prove it wrong :)
I say explore all possibilities, and I'm so curious to see what your experience with this witch doctor is! Ash, has your gynecologist ever told you about your low progesterone levels? From the books I've read, that seems to be a pretty common infertility problem, and that'd be a bummer to know your doctors hadn't considered that. The book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health" by Toni Weschler is an awesome resource--I read bits of it every night, it talks about how you may know more about your body with charting your cycles naturally than your gynecologist does! You'd love the read--good luck!
Seriously? WHATEVER works! Witch doctor or not :) I hope and pray it works for you!! I was just thinking of someone in my ward who doesn't have any kids and wants a baby so bad and just can't get pregnant. Bugs the heck out of me! The rule should be only 16 year olds can't get pregnant and whoever wants one (and is married :) should be able to have one!
Oh I so hope that this will help you out!! My mom knows a lot about herbs and really puts a lot of stock by them, so I definitely think they can help with a lot of things. Good luck!
My in-laws are much more holistic than I am and I have loved having their knowledge to influence my only western medicine upbringing. I think this is a great approach and example of following the spirit. You are amazing. I've also heard great things about that book AmyLyn mentioned.
That's wonderful that you are finding some answers. Hope it goes well!!
I totally believe in alternative medicine, especially what she said about fixing your body and making it whole, rather than a band-aid. That's my biggest beef with a lot of modern medicine, just band-aids the problem rather than getting to the root of it. I wish you all the best in this new path.
I'm so glad you found something that will work. Hope it all goes well!
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!
Good luck Ashleigh!
I have heard nothing short of fabulous and promising results from these whack-o witch doctors. Will you be getting on Prometrium? Good luck! I'm excited to hear about your experience!
Good luck! I'm excited for you!
Post a Comment