Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ethan's Sweet Prayer

As I was reading with Ethan for quiet time, Justin called all the way from Turkey to say hi and chat. Ethan was sitting on my lap and was listening to our conversation. I was telling Justin that I wasn't feeling very good with my cold and all of a sudden I saw Ethan close his sweet little eyes, and quietly say, "Heavenly Father, please bless Mommy that she can feel better and please bless Jesus that He can know I love him." And then he closed his prayer and went about reading and talking to his self. I looked over at him and my heart just melted. What a sweet little boy to out of the blue say a heartfelt prayer for his mommy to feel better. It's times like this that I am humbled to be the mother of such a special child of God. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has entrusted us rookie parents with two of His most precious children!


5 comments:

Marshall and Shannon said...

Awww, that was really sweet...You have some really cute kids!!

Brittney said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!

Mama's Makin's said...

That is pretty stinkin sweet! :) Kids are the best! :)

jeff and alli said...

That is soooo sweet. Ahhh.

And the picture is adorable too.

Good luck with your 'witch doctor.' :) I think it is good to be open to different ideas/techniques, though I'll admit some stuff strikes me as goofy. And sometimes it is goofy, but maybe sometimes it just feels that way because it isn't my cultural norm. Anyhow, I hope things work out. I'm hoping the best for you. :)

sal said...

choo sweet.....such cute chilren....<3 :)