Friday, May 29, 2009

Lazy Update

So, I've been feeling like I have so many new posts to get up about all of our activities but I'm going to do the lazy route and throw them all together in one big post.

Where are we??
Ok, so I thought I would give you guys an update on where in the world we are. My parents can't even keep up with where we are in the world and what we are doing so here it goes. We originally came up to AZ with the intentions of only staying 2 weeks while Justin was in Turkey and Greece but I guess 2 weeks ended up being almost 2 months! Justin ended up traveling last minute to different places and so I opted to just stay here while he was gone instead of making the trek back down to MX and not have a car for the weeks that he was gone. So anyways, during all this traveling the company decided that Justin needs to come back to the states, we buy a house and have made plans to move in in the middle of June. Crazy.. I know. This next week Justin is going down to Chihuahua, MX (near El Paso) and Ethan and I are going on a one-way ticket to visit my family in Texas for a week! When that week is up, we will pack up my little Saturn (that my parents have been so kindly taking care of while we have been in Mexico) and make the long, arduous drive across the plains of Texas back to AZ. (Yeah, wish me luck with a 2 year old)! The next week (2nd week of June), Justin and I will close on the house and drive back to MX to pack up all our stuff and be moved in by the next week (the third week of June), just in time for Justin to go to a huge conference in Phoenix. Whew.. I get tired even thinking about all that! We are excited. Yes, you may think we are crazy but since when has our life not been a little crazy with traveling and all. We love it!

And now, onto what we have been doing for the past few weeks...

AZ Museum for Youth


This place was awesome!!! Some mom at the library told me about this place and I was so glad that we took her advice and went! My mother-in-law was able to join us on the outing and we just had so much fun playing in "Art City" with Ethan. This place was set up just like a miniature city and everything was kid sized. They had a cute, quaint little living room complete with sofas, books and mini recliners, a kitchen with everything imaginable, a little garden area with velcro vegetables and fruit, a "university" where the kids could finger paint, a music room with piano and other musical instruments, and also a park area with a slide and other activities. The only downfall was that it was expensive. It's $5.5o per person- you and your baby. I liked this place so much though that I am seriously thinking about buying the year pass and save a little money.

Here is Ethan in the garden putting the velcro animals, fruit, etc on the tree. He spent FOREVER in this part!

Grandma and Ethan cookin' up something good!

A view of this cute little town

He really enjoyed painting despite how much he hates having anything on his hands. As you can see, he tried to wipe the paint off of his hands by wiping them into his hair and shirt.. oh well. I guess that is what Oxy Clean is for!- for the shirt anyways...

Ethan and I in the music room



Kutya

Kutya or more commonly known as "Kutter" is Ethan's favorite buddy to play with during the day. This is my in- laws dog and he loves to jump and lick all over Ethan. At first I thought Ethan would get scared of the dog licking him like crazy but he loves it and will laugh like crazy. Ethan loves to feed Kutter his food, play in his dog house and let him lick him all over his face. I really try to not think about how many germs they are passing from one another becuase Ethan has so much fun with him. Ethan just gets a good disenfecting session when he is done playing with him :)

*side note about the dogs weird name*- Justin's brother is serving a mission in Budapest, Hungary and in remembrance of him, the family decided to name the dog "Kutya" or "dog" in Hungarian. So essentially, the dogs name is dog.





The Phoenix Zoo
I've been wanting to bring Ethan to the zoo for a long time now but it's just too darn hot here in the summer time to do outdoor activities during the day. We had one day last week that was overcast and it was unbelievably only 85 degrees outside! So I took advantage of this rare cloudy day here in the Valley of the Sun and took my little boy out to the Zoo! Unfortunately, it was just Ethan and I so I wasn't able to take too many pictures (Ethan is the type of boy that once his feet hit ground, he is running). But I did get a few so here are some from our trip to the zoo!

He loved this huge tractor!


He also loved the petting zoo..

But the orangutans were his favorite! He kept saying "onkey" (monkey) over and over and would just stand at the gate and stare at them for forever... it was fun!


Well, I guess I didn't have so much to update on as I thought but I will try to do a better job at blogging while we are in Texas. Hope y'all enjoyed and I'll try to post video as soon as I figure out how- I just got a mac (which I love) but I'm still trying to figure out how to do certain things! Ethan and I sure have a lot of fun together and I really don't know how we lived so happily without him before he was born. I feel so blessed that I can stay at home with him and do all these fun activities with him. We are truly so blessed!!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Good luck with your upcoming move. I think we are always out and about somewhere, and then I read your blog and realize we aren't gone so much ;) Thanks for posting about the AZ children's musuem thing. That looks like the cutest. I think I'm going to take Ads there the next time we're up north.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

loved this post! I wish the zoo in SLC had a petting zoo part b/c my girls would love it! Glad y'all are living it up in AZ and good luck w/TX!!! Jake and I did the drive from Vidor to his hometown in CA when we were first married and it is LONG!

Ashley Smith said...

so cute at the zoo!! I am so excited for you guys that you bought a house- what a perfect time and in Az it will be worth a lot more someday :) Mike and I will be in Az in the middle of July to visit and i'm going to have a baby shower- i would love for you to come since if you guys are in town! hopefully we'll be joining you in az soon- and then we can hang out!!

jeff and alli said...

I think you guys may be the busiest family I know. :) It looks like you guys are seeing and doing some many great things. Good luck with June, I hope it is smooth sailing.