So after 45 min of plunging it with a heavy duty plunger, he was a bit baffled as to what could be clogging it up. So he sent Carla to Home Depot to buy a toilet auger- surely that would do the trick, right?? Wrong. After about 15 min of using that without luck, Grandpa Chapman took the toilet completely apart, unbolted it from the floor and continued using the toilet auger to see what would pop out. After a little while, I was called into the bathroom to see what was clogging up our toilet and this is what I saw...
....a little ball that our innocent little Ethan had shoved down the toilet hole! I have to admit that we were all laughing pretty hard! I then remembered that the day before (when the toilet became clogged) I was looking for Ethan and found him playing in the bathroom toilet with his arms soaked up to his shoulders- yes I know I should watch my kid more carefully sometimes. But I didn't think at the time that he had shoved a ball down the toilet!! So anyways, after they found the ball, Grandpa put the toilet back together, bolted it to the ground again and we were all expecting the toilet to work now. Problem solved, right?? Nope, not yet! We still couldn't flush the toilet. So Grandpa took the auger to it again, but still no luck. He then proceeded to take the toilet apart again and after a few minutes we found this...
Yep! We found ball #2!
I was dying! I still can't believe that he shoved two balls down the toilet and that was the source of all that trouble they went through! We guess he just liked seeing the balls disappear down the hole, that's fun right?! I felt so bad for Grandpa Chapman who spent 2 plus hours over here doing nasty, dirty work and left with the bottom half of his pants soaked with who knows what all because of my little Ethan's curiosity, but I guess he wouldn't be a little boy if he didn't shove something into the toilet at some point in his life! Anyways, I thought that that story was too good to not blog about so I hope y'all enjoyed! Hopefully I won't find Ethan playing in the bathroom by himself any time soon. If so, we will be sure to check the toilets for missing objects!
6 comments:
oh my word! so hilarious! boys truly will be boys I guess...thanks for sharing what I have to look fwd to :)
Man, I'm glad that everyone is smiling even despite all the yuck. :) You have a saint for a grandpa.
I've heard that those child safety toilet locks are wonderful, once you know how to open them yourself. My sister in law walked into the bathroom once to find her one year old taking a bath in the toilet. They got a lock...
That is so funny!
Oh my goodness! So funny, yet so gross. Glad you didn't have to be the plunger woman!
Ok so I don't know if you or Justin remember Tiny Toons or if you guys even watched it at all. But the story of Ethan and the toilet reminded me of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3O6q76Ioo&feature=PlayList&p=D0B8E34839FA2E25&index=0&playnext=1
Post a Comment