Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What Have I Been Working On Lately???

This!!! (sorry it's a little blury)

Because I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was 17, I never really had the chance to complete my Young Women's Personal Progress program, nor did I realize back then just how important this program is for our young women in the church. And now, 6 years later I am working towards completing this awesome program! My goal is to have it completely done in a year, by May 2010! Just recently, I have felt as if I need to complete this program to not only learn and gain knowledge scripturally, but also so that I can be an example to my girls someday and help them complete this program as well. I am so excited to do this! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

I actually never received mine as well since I graduated early, but that is one goal I have for myself. I have had those same feelings and I am bothered at myself that I didn't try harder while I was in Young Woman's. Maybe that is why I am in it now :)

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I worked so hard to finish mine under the old program and actually did complete it... I never got my pendent or award though... maybe I should look into that :)

You are amazing! keep up the awesome work!

Sarah and Wes said...

That is SUCH a worthy goal, Ashleigh!! I'm so glad you are doing this--it will be a great example for the girls. I finished mine under the old program, and I still have all my jewelry--even now it still means a lot to me.

Megan said...

I love it!! I did earn mine but this year they just added a new value....virtue. So there is a additional value that I haven't done anything on. So I am going to work on that one also! My calling is in young women's and so that gives me some motivation to do it. You are a great example!! Good luck... and don't forget the new value...virtue. I think you have to order the new value experiences for virtue because they arn't in the book yet.

Britni said...

That is amazing. I never finished mine, and I'm so impressed you're doing this.

Mandy said...

That is so good of you. I didn't realize you were baptized at 16...was your family baptized then, too? I was 20 and so now that I'm in the YW program I'm working on mine. Keep me updated with your progress so you can keep me going, too! :)

Karen said...

That's awesome, Ashleigh!! My mother-in-law did the same thing when she was a YW leader. I think it's such a great way to set goals and achieve them and note your progress. It will be fun to hear about what your projects are.

mc said...

Ash-
I am so proud of you and think that this is a great goal. I have worked with the YW in our ward for my calling and I think personal progress is really important. Keep it up!!
PS My baby boy Talmage was born March 30. You should be linked to our blog and can check out pictures. Email me if you don't have our blog address (because it is private). Hope all is well!!