Tuesday, April 28, 2009

As of Lately

It's been awhile since I've posted and because Ethan is busy taking a nice, long nap, I figured I'd catch up with a few posts. Right now Ethan and I are staying at my in-laws house in sunny Mesa, AZ while Justin is in Turkey and Greece for the next week and a half. I'm so glad that Justin is willing to drive me and Ethan all the way up to AZ to stay for the long weeks he is gone instead of leaving us to fend for ourselves in Mexico while he is half-way around the world! He has been SUPER busy with work and we haven't got to see much of him lately, so we will be glad when he comes home and stays home for a few weeks or so after this trip. He actually got kind of a promotion since the company just recently put him in charge of Turkey and Greece. So now he has all of Latin America and those two countries also. We are pretty excited. He is hoping to one day be in charge of ALL international sales. Whew. Sounds to me like a TON of work and travel, but we are very blessed for Justin to have such a good job. He is getting lots of work experience very quickly which will make for a great application to an MBA school in the future. Here are some photos as of lately..

Justin has become a fan of the Rubik's Cube and was sitting on the couch messing around with it, when Ethan saw what his daddy was doing and wanted to do the same thing. He ran into his room, found the small Rubiks cube Justin has, ran back out to the living room and sat right by daddy to do the cube with him. How cute is this....


The funny part was that Ethan really had quite the serious expression and a look of concentration on his face while he was turning and flipping the cube around. I guess this is serious business to boys...

Our youth had their Youth Conference this last weekend and Ethan had lots of willing teenagers to play with. Ethan is always a hit when we are around our youth. Ethan somehow found a huge orange and proceeded to think that it was a ball. He wouldn't let go of it for the life of him!

They young man on the right is Max, he is one of Justin's youth.

Ethan has his little pack & play crib here in Mesa that he sleeps in and is quickly out growing. I went in to check on him during one of his naps and found this....

Apparently he wanted to sleep with his head embedded into two metal bars instead of his comfy little mattress.

I thought it was so funny that he would do that! That's gotta be uncomfortable!!

We are happy and healthy and don't worry, no swine flu here! We are trying our best to not bring deadly diseases into this country :) I'll try to post more often while we are here in AZ.

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

such a cute boy! I love the rubix cube pictures! so smart!

I also was curious about the swine flu but didn't want to sound silly and ask...thanks for letting us know y'all are safe in AZ.

YAY for Justin's promotion! What amazing blessings it will bring.

Megan said...

I love these pictures. Too cute! Too funny! Sleeping pictures are the best, its crazy the positions they get into.

Nicole said...

haha so cute! I can't believe how big our boys are getting. Where did the time go? At least they sure are cute! ;)

P.S. Glad to hear you guys are avoiding the swine flu. Since I've heard of it I've been worried about you guys!

Amy said...

Ethan is such a smartie pants! I think that being "inquieta" means that they just have too many smarts for their little bodies-- that's what I tell myself anyway :)

I'm glad that you don't have the swine flu! Stay away from Mexico City... :)