How did I save $30 you might ask??? Well, I gave myself a haircut! Have I ever cut a girls hair before? Nope! Did I even know how to cut hair, layers, etc?? Nope! I just remember watching my old trusty hairstylist, Meg, cut my hair in layers and so I gave it a try! I would have never thought of doing this except for the fact that I was in serious need of one ( I haven't had a trim since April) and also because I'm in Mexico and they have sort of a bad rep here for really bad haircuts. My thought process was... "Well, if I'm just going to pay 30 bucks for someone to give me a terrible haircut, I may as well give myself one for free!" So, I did and I don't think it turned out all that bad! Justin wasn't home to help me so I don't think it's cut completely straight but luckily long, curly hair is pretty forgiving! Well, here are some pictures of my first attempt at cutting my hair! If you are a hairstylist and reading this, please don't look too closely and I promise to not go that long without trimming my hair again :)

The front look showing some of the layers. It may appear as if I didn't cut any off but I infact did cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches off!

And the back view...I just love little Ethan popping his head out in the background!
11 comments:
I do have my cosmetology license and I am never brave enough to cut my own! good job! it looks great and so do you!
Looks professional to me! Way to go, I would never be able to trust myself doing that!
Gorgeous!! Love it!
Amen to what everyone else said.
Very nice!!! Did you do the highlights yourself too??? Wow, I'm quite impressed. I decided to do my own bangs but the next thing to try is layers!!!
I think that your hair looks great! There is no way that I could ever cut my own hair... I always have it cut straight--no layers, nothing. So if I made a mistake, it would show.
So, Good Job!
Nice job! That is so brave and you did great. I never would have had the guts. I love how long your hair is, my hair won't go that long. :(
I think you did a great job much better than the professional haircut I got a week ago. I'm impressed.
Wow! I think you rock. I stop at cutting my own bangs.
Looks Gorgeous! Want to do mine?! ;)
Wow, I didn't know I had taught you so well, it looks really good! Now if we both move back to UT ever you won't need me anymore.
Post a Comment