Ok, as promised here's my post announcing some of the most excited news I've ever heard. And no, I'm not pregnant. :)
Just to give you guys a backstory, we received a card in the mail from my mom after being out of town for a few days camping. Justin went out to check the mail, saw the letter and didn't think much about it since my mom always sends us cute cards. On the way inside, he opened it, read it, I'm sure he cried, regained some of his composure, and came into the house where I was making a shopping list.
He said, "What could be the most exciting news that you can think of?" He had just gotten back from buying a TV so I said, "You got the TV for free."
Justin: "I wish. Nope"
Me: "BYU won the football game"
Justin: "Actually yes, but that's not it"
Me: " Your upcoming work trip got cancelled"
Justin: "Unfortunately not"
Me: " I give up"
He then just simply hands me this card. It speaks for itself...
I just about fell over.
I immediately started crying and saying "What? What? I don't understand. Is this for real?" We are both crying and hugging each other at this point but so confused at the same time.
We then called my mom and she confirmed that she is in fact going to get baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in November!!
We had no idea that she was taking the discussions and that she had been going to the church for the past 2 months or anything. She kinda wanted to do it completely on her own, which I totally understand, it just threw us for a loop! We asked her how all this happened and she gave us the story and just said how happy she is. She has found happiness.
So going back a few months, up in Minnesota (in July), mom went to church with us, and the missionaries got a hold of her and came over while we were there and gave her the first discussion. It went well (but the previous discussions she's had years ago went well too). They left, we left, and we never heard anything more about future discussions. After we got back from MN, Justin felt like he needed to send my mom some church videos (we're talking like over $200 worth of every church movie imaginable). So he did. He blew up her mailbox with church produced movies. Luckily, there's not much to do up there at night time so my mom had lots of time to watch every single one of them. And she did. I mean have you seen the movies about the Savior's life that the LDS church has made? They are incredible and it's hard to not feel the influence of the Spirit while watching them. They just give you warm feelings all over!
So anyways, that coupled with other experience has brought my mom to the decision to be baptized. She is so excited and we are all beyond thrilled and excited for her!
This December will mark 10 years since I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Those 10 years have been nothing short than amazing and I just feel so blessed that it has been a relatively short amount of time that I have been praying for someone to accept the gospel in my family. I feel so, so blessed. I know that my prayers have been answered.
I'm so excited to have her be a part of something that is so precious to me. I'm excited to do family history, to attend the temple together someday, and to help each other to grow and learn in the church.
Can you tell I'm excited?!
Can you tell I'm excited?!
I'm sure she is so embarrassed right now reading all this about her, she's not one to like attention, but this is definitely something that has to go down in our family journal :)
So in November, we will be driving across Texas for this special occasion. Justin's parents will be there, the missionary who originally taught me my first discussion and his family, and lots of other friends and family from the good city of Vidor, TX will be there as well.
We can't wait and are literally counting down the days.

8 comments:
IWishWeCouldGeeThereAsWell, I'mSoHappyFooterYou!
Ashleigh, that is amazing! What a huge blessing for all of you. Thank you for sharing.
This really is the best news ever- it made me tear up reading it because I can just imagine the joy this brings your family! I am so happy for you, Ash, and for your mom and everyone! How awesome that Justin will get to baptize her, too. Can't wait to hear more details of the baptism next month!!
Ashleigh, I am so sincerely, deeply, joyfully happy for your family. This is amazing! You are such a good daughter and I'm so glad your mom has found happiness in the gospel. Love to you all!
Ashleigh that is amazing news. Congrats to you and your family-I am so happy for you.
That is such great news!
Ashleigh!!! WOW! What an exciting time for you and all of your family. I remember you mom coming to church whenever they came up to Provo to visit you and Justin. It was probably just a couple times. That is so, so neat. That's fun that she surprised you, too! I'm very happy for you.
I haven't gotten on blogspot in FOREVER, and am just now reading this. Your mom got baptized!!! I can't imagine how exciting that is for you. And what a fun way for her to announce it. Congrats to you both! :)
Post a Comment