Our littlest Smith is one fun kiddo. We just love and adore him and he is a good sport to put up with being the third child.
He finally started walking around the 20th of September, only at the ripe old age of 16 months! He took his sweet time but once he started, it was a piece of cake for him. A few weeks later, and he is now running all over the place! This video was taken on the day he decided he was ready to walk.
He is a naturally happy and good baby. He is easy going and has been from day 1. He has however developed his own opinions and he makes these very well known by screaming a most ear piercing scream. I'm not kidding, this scream will make your ears ring. And while his speaking skills aren't quite where other kids his age are (remember we are still trying to play catch up from his first 8 months of life?) he knows the word "NO!" and screams it when he is mad, or if he just doesn't like you. In fact, just today we went to go eat lunch with Ethan and the ladies at the front desk were ooing and ahhing over Mason and said, "Hi little buddy, you sure are a handsome little guy!" Mason screamed, "NO!" (dragged on for about 10 seconds) and then gave them the stare down. I'm not sure what his problem is but if you know how to convince a 17 month old to not scream like that, please let me know :) Other than that, this kid is a dream.
Mason has 2 obsessions, flags and bananas.
He somehow managed to get this banana off of the pantry shelf and I walked in the room and found him very carefully peeling his own banana like a big boy.
Then he shoved basically the whole thing into his mouth and spent the next 20 minutes somehow swallowing it. It made me dry heave watching him do it. I have it on video but it makes me sick to my stomach to watch it.
And yes, that's Ellie with a knife. At least it's a butter knife.
He has more hair than any of my other kids did at his age! I've already had to give him 2 haircuts! That's saying a LOT for our kids.
After dinner until bedtime is probably my most favorite time with Mason. Don't get me wrong, I love all my time with him but he gets super silly and laughs and laughs while he gets chased around, thrown up in the air, etc. He loves to be chased and squeals with delight when you do.
He loves to read books and says "Boo Boo" when he brings one to you to read.
The only words he says so far are: book, water (wa-wa), NO!, Bye!
He "talks" all the time though and seriously has the sweetest little voice. He talks with inflections and it's so soft and sweet. That's why it's always surprising to hear that terrible scream coming out of him!
If I need to get something done, he is so good to play and find something to entertain himself with.
He still uses his binky when he sleeps and naps. I got rid of the binky when Ethan and Ellie were both 14 months old (mostly because I was pregnant again) but for some reason I'm in no hurry with Mason.
He is growing up too fast and is loved and adored by everyone in our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment