Wednesday, October 23, 2013

First day of School!

I can't believe I have a first grader. Am I really old enough to have one that age? I swear I'm still 20. 

Ethan started first grade at the beginning of August! He LOVES school. His teacher is Mrs. Webster and she seems like she will be a great teacher for him. The first thing she said to me at parent teacher conferences was, "Oh I just love Ethan. He has ENDLESS  energy!" Yep. That's my Ethan! He says that his favorite subject is science but he feels that his best subject is math. You get that from your dad buddy! He is way above and beyond his grade level for reading. He is just one of those self motivated kids that catches on SO fast to things. He gets that from his dad too :)

I'm too cheap to buy the school pictures so I took the kids out back for a little photo- op. Ethan was SO thrilled. Can't you tell?

After about 20 pictures, I finally got the one and only good picture of him!


See how his shirt is cut at the bottom? He came home from school that day with a huge missing chunk of his bangs, you can see it on the right side of the hairline,  and a cut in his shirt. He has no idea how that happened and never remembered using scissors to do either of those things.. Hmmm..

Ellie on the other hand was more than willing to take pictures that day! Woo hoo!

This little lady started a co-op preschool in September and I got to be her teacher for the first five weeks! We have 6 kids in the group and the moms trade off every 5 weeks teaching all the kids, just 2 days a week for 2 hours a day. It was a blast to be back in to the "classroom" so to speak. I loved every minute of it and am actually sad that my time is over. It was fun to see Ellie in a classroom setting. She is such a smart girl. She loves to draw, color, write her letters and numbers, and loves any and all crafts.


She gets so excited to get her backpack on and go to school. She is always beaming from ear to ear when she walks into the room. She turns around and sweetly smiles, waves and says "Bye Mom!" I just love this girl. 

Can they just stay little for forever? Please?

No comments: