I just have to write this down before I forget about it.
Yesterday we were at the park near our house and there were some tweenager boys there picking on a younger boy. They took his nerf gun and blasted it to tiny pieces with their metal bat and the boy was really upset about it. One of the moms there took the initiative to help out that poor little boy by talking with the tween boys but it really upset Ethan to see them doing that. He came over to me and said Mom, "I just don't like those boys doing that. They are making really bad choices!" I told him that yes those were definitely bad choices and it's really sad that they would do that. He kept giving them dirty looks and I could tell that he was just itching to say something to them. I told Ethan to not worry about it and that their mommy's would take care of it but he still had that look in his eye like he was about to take matters into his own hands. The boys had noticed Ethan's dirty looks and were making fun of him and I just kept trying to tell Ethan to not worry about it. All of a sudden Ethan had enough and he yelled at the top of his lungs,
"YOU ARE GOING TO BE ON THE NAUGHTY LIST! SANTA'S WATCHING YOU!!"
That was one of those times that you are trying to seriously teach you kid something important but and you just can't stop laughing at what they did. It makes me feel good though that Ethan felt compassion for that little boy and cared enough to stand up for him! Way to go Ethan! Next time though, let's just ignore that bad behavior when big kids are involved and just focus on helping that little boy feel better, shall we? :)
1 comment:
Oh what a sweet boy.
Post a Comment