Friday, December 7, 2012

Halloween and A Little Bit of This and That

Halloween feels like it was so long ago that I honestly don't remember what we did that day! Luckily I have a few pictures to remind me. 

I think the night before Halloween we carved pumpkins. This is a significant improvement considering we carved pumpkins a few days after Halloween last year! 
For breakfast the next morning we had ghost, spiders, and haunted house shaped pancakes. 




Out of all the scary pictures in the carving book, Ethan really wanted to do this "e". I guess it was a good choice since it could stand for Ethan and Ellie!

 That night we got the kids dressed up in their Halloween gear. As much as I would have loved to do a family costume theme, having strong- willed children with their own opinions on what they want to be threw those hopes out the window :) Mason wore Ethan's old costume and was Winnie the Pooh, Ellie was Dora and Ethan was a scarecrow. 
Mason also sported his Halloween pajamas that day. 

Sweet Ellie was exhausted before Trick or Treating had even started but she was SO excited to be Dora. I scored her costume for $5 from our neighborhood social email list! She would have no part of the Dora wig however. I don't blame her!
 We have a bajillion kids in our neighborhood which made Trick or Treating a lot of fun!


 After running all over the neighborhood,  all of them were exhausted and Ellie was hilariously (is that a even a word?) tired! Check out the video! The lighting was bad but she was so cute... runny nose and all!


 
Ethan has done so good  with not expressing his creepy passion for Halloween as much this year. Last year we made the mistake of letting him look at the Party City magazine, you know the one with all the costumes, and he became obsessed with it. All he talked about were goblins, ghosts, zombies, etc. for oh like... 9 months after Halloween. Honestly, we were a little worried about his weird obsession with the supernatural. This year was much, much better! We threw away any and all magazines like that and told him that we only talk about that kinda stuff when it's Halloween time. I think he just grew out of it... thank goodness!!


On another topic, Mason is the sweetest thing since chocolate. He is 6.5 months old and still doesn't sit up unsupported. He prefers rolling all over the place I think. I really don't think he has enough meat on his legs to help him sit!
 My friend Gladyss, from Mexico, is a ballerina but also received her Master's degree in Agriculture- crazy right?! She much prefers dancing to studying plants and so she is teaching a free dance class for little girls at our church. Back in Mexico she had her own ballet studio and she hopes to have one here in the future as well. 
The little girls love it! I think Ellie is the only one without some sort of ballet clothes. I need to get her some. She would love it!


 Normally there are 5-6 girls there and Gladyss is so good with them! Ellie's attention span is like .2 seconds and she spends half of the time running around but I figure if she is at least doing a little bit of ballet each time, we'll call it a good day :)
Next on my list of catch up- Mason 6 months, Veteran's Day program, Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas, normal everyday things, our backyard, our house, and family pictures. Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for all the updates. Thanks for sharing. And ps - I hope Mason will still let me hold him next time I see him. He may be a year older. :(