Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I just love holidays. It is probably mostly due to the fact that we get daddy home for another day, whenever he is in town to enjoy them, but we also love to celebrate holidays with friends and family!

My old BYU roomie, Marcelle, and her cute family just moved to AZ and lives only about 15 minutes from us! So we of course jumped at the opportunity to have them come over for dinner, yummy dessert, some backyard fireworks and some big-time fireworks.

Ethan and his new little buddy, Talmage, had fun playing with the sparklers.


After, we went nearby for a big firework show at one of the farms around here. Although it wasn't quite The Stadium of Fire fireworks show, it was free and fun. Thanks, Marcelle for the pic! Please excuse Justin's fashion no-no. I didn't catch it before we walk out the door:)
Of course I never get around to doing festive crafts with the kids until after the holiday (usually like a month later) but this time I was only a day late! Ellie colored her very own American flag while Ethan cut and pasted a flag together and then painted in his stripes. Not super creative on my part but super easy and fun!

Happy late 4th of July!

No comments: