Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Ethan!

Ethan, I can't believe that you are already 4 years old! I remember when you were a little newborn and depended on me for everything and now you are an independent little boy that wants to do everything all by yourself. You are growing up too fast! Here are just a few of the reasons why I love you so very much:

I love your creativity. It amazes me how you can go from being a knight trying to slay the dragon to a pirate going after Captain Hook and then switch to a farmer feeding your animals all within a 15 minute time period. I wish I had your imagination so I could be a bit more entertaining for you :)

I love your artistic side. I love how you can spend hours drawing and coloring. You favorite thing to do is to make your own books. You take multiple peices of paper, draw your favorite scary monster or bug, write a mix of letters on them, and then you have me staple them together so we can read them. I love having you read your books to me. It makes me so proud of you.
I love your sense of style. This definitely come from your huge imagination. You always come up with the funniest clothes to wear! You love to dress up as a pirate, a construction worker, a super-hero, and pretty much anything else that you can come up with. This has been my most favorite outfit so far...
I love how energetic you are. You sleep 12 to 13 hours at night which are hours very well earned considering how hard you play during the day. You are always either running, jumping, spinning or acrobating your way around the house. Your energy usually lands you in time out everyday at the gym but that's ok. I love it and wouldn't have you be any other way.

I love your memory. It really is quite impressive. You can remember things that happened 2 years ago and can remember so much detail. I guess that makes you very observant which can sometimes get you in trouble. Like when you asked the guy in the wheelchair why his tongue sticks out (I was mortified), asked the kid at the gym daycare why he was so fat, and asked a sweet lady at the grocery store why her lips were so big. I love this inquisitive stage you are in and I love your millions of questions a day. I love watching you try to figure out the world.

I love how happy you are. I don't think I have ever seen a happier kid than you. Sure, you have your meltdowns just like all kids, but really you want to please us and make us happy. And you do. Very much.

Ethan, we love you and thank you for being such a perfect child for us imperfect parents. We can and have learned a lot from your willingness to forgive. You bring us so much happiness and joy. No matter how many children we have, you were our firstborn and you will always hold a dear and special place in our hearts. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Ethan! I remember when your mommy and I were in the same birthing class. She was so excited to meet you and I thought now THAT is one lucky kid!

mc said...

Happy birthday to the cute 4 year old Ethan!! We are so happy to live by you guys and can't wait to play again.

Megan said...

What a cute post. Especially a great one for Ethan to look back and read! Happy Birthday Ethan!

Jamie said...

What a little stud. Happy birthday Ethan!