He wanted a Jake and the Neverland Pirates Party so we did what we could to make this a fun party for him. Honestly, he would have been happy with whatever though. I researched online for some ideas and I got to give credit to Occasionally Crafty for helping me out in that department. So turns out that since Jake and the gang are new to Disney Jr. there is no merchandise out yet for it so we had to get a little creative.
First of all, here is a picture of Ethan all dressed up and so excited!


And is this not the cutest little pirate that you ever did see??
I found SO much Pirate stuff at the Dollar Tree to decorate with and this whole party cost us less than $20! Sweet! We also had to do most of the party inside. It's way too hot here to have a 2 hour party outside!
I set up a table for the kids to work on some crafts while waiting for all the other kids to arrive.
When each kid arrived, we gave them a bandana, eye patch, and captain hat to wear and when all the kids arrived and their crafts were complete, we headed outside for the Cannonball Toss. We used water balloons and the kids loved throwing them at each other!
Then we came inside and did the whole pinata thing. It took the kids forever to bust it open but they had a LOT of fun doing it! This kid below was hilarious to watch do it. He would run from across the room, grunt and yell, and beat the thing to death! So funny.

At this time, Justin's younger siblings showed up just in time to help us do the whole eat a doughnut off the string game. It was so funny watching the kids try to do this!

Justin was in charge of the treasure hunt and he did such a good job running the kids all over the whole house while following the clues that the treasure map gave them. I suppose that there is one good perk about having an unfinished backyard... you can actually have buried treasure!

The treasure hunt was by far the hit of the party.
We then did the whole cake and presents thing and the kids had fun playing with Ethan's presents for the rest of the time.
We can't believe that our sweet little boy is 4! Happy Birthday Ethan Man!


4 comments:
SO fun!!! I love it!! How funny that that particular aircraft carrier is the ONLY thing Andrew wants for his birthday. He is DYING because its taking WAY too long for his birthday to get here. hahaha I'm glad Ethan loves it!
So cute! I think that cake looks great!! I think cakes are really hard to do. Also that last picture of him he looks so much like his daddy! Love the pirate theme :)
Naomi talked about the party non stop for days. She still brings it up on occasion. You guys did awesome!
OKay, so Ellie's outfit is absolutely adorable! You were so creative and it sounds like you guys had so much fun.
Thanks for all your updates, Ashleigh. I'm always interested to know how you and your beautiful family are doing. You inspire me to keep a blog when we start a family.
Post a Comment