Thursday, June 16, 2011

Florida Trip- Part 1!

Well, we just got back from our amazing, fun-filled vacation to Florida and the Carolinas! This trip was pretty long and there are tons of pictures so I will spare you (and I) the overload and do this in phases. Ready? Go!

We arrived Thursday afternoon to Ft. Lauderdale, picked up our rental car and drove up to Orlando and got the kiddos excited to go to Disneyworld the next day! We woke up bright and early the next morning and headed off to Magic Kingdom!

This has to be the happiest place on earth....Remember how I have an issue with getting emotional with the strangest things? (i.e. broadway plays, concerts, etc)? Well, Disneyworld was no exception. The first worker I saw waving with their big Mickey hand at all the smiling kids coming in started the waterworks and it continued when we saw the beautiful castle. Am I a mess or what?!
Ethan loved the pooh ride and so did we! They have things for the kids to play with while they wait! Ingenious!
Dumbo. It's a classic.

Ethan's highlight of the whole day was getting to see Buzz Lightyear! I'm so glad that he wasn't really into meeting the characters. Only the important ones like Buzz. You wait WAY too long in line for a quick high five and a photo...
It was so, so, so hot and humid. Ellie kept Justin and herself cool by wiping baby wipes on their faces...
The teacups are always fun. Mommy had to accompany Ethan on all the rides that spun around as Daddy's stomach can't quite handle it!
We were really lucky and went on a not so busy day. We were able to ride all the rides and didn't wait for more than 10 min on any of them! Thank you Fastpass!

We were also able to meet up with the Shilligs while we were there! Caroline is from my hometown and it was so great to meet up with them!

We waited around for the Disney's Electrical Parade and were very impressed with it! Justin wasn't so impressed with Prince Charming asking me if the glass slipper was mine. I shook my head yes and then he asked if the guy next to me was my boyfriend and I promptly shook my head no and acted like I didn't know him. At least I thought it was funny :)

After the parade we headed over to the castle for the firework show.
It was pretty impressive! We did find out though that Ethan is not so much a fan of fireworks.....

He screamed in fear the whole time. Isn't that suppose to be like the coolest part for the kids?! Anyways, pretty much the second the fireworks were over Ethan and Ellie both crashed in the stroller and didn't wake up until we woke them up the next morning for our Animal Kingdom adventure!

We LOVED Animal Kingdom!

The tree below is super cool. I think I saw a documentary on it once. It was quite the project to put together!

We even met the big man himself!
We really enjoyed the Lion King show that they put on. Very, very well done!
It was all fun and games until we came out of the Lion King show and saw that our Phil & Teds stroller had been stolen out of the stroller parking area. I was crushed. That stroller was like a member of our family (not to mention, it was expensive!). It went everywhere with us and I was seriously heart-broken. The perpetrators left a junked out, tire slashed, sticker ladened stroller that looked like ours but wasn't in its place. Maybe they felt like they were making a trade instead of stealing? Yeah. Not quite. That was stealing! Disney was really nice to give us a free rental stroller for the day plus 2 free kids meals and water (since our lunch was stolen as well) but I spent the whole rest of the day eyeing down all Phil & Ted strollers secreting accusing people of being the thieves that stole ours... Can you blame me?

So here we are in our not so good Disney stroller.... We tried to make the best of our day from there on out.
We went on a really cool Safari ride and saw animals up close and personal!


Animal Kingdom is beautiful! Doesn't this gorilla look like he just came out of a National Geographic magazine!?
At least having our stroller stolen made for a really cute picture of Ellie sleeping on Ethan :)

Again, we were able to ride all the cool rides here and never waited for more than 5 min for them! The Dinosaur ride was AWESOME! Ethan is such a trooper when it comes to rides. He did so good on this ride while I was the one screaming like a little girl on it!

I though this was a cool picture of Justin on the ride, but an even cooler picture of the guy in the yellow shirt behind him :)
We took a break and let the kids play in the Boneyard area. Ellie loved filling up her water bucket and then wearing it as a purse while walking around everywhere. Everyone though it was so cute.
Justin snapped a photo of me on Expedition Everest. So fun.

After we rode that ride a few times, we left the park and headed over to the Shilligs house for a yummy dinner and some fun chit chat. They were saints and let us borrow their double stroller for the rest of our Disney adventures. Thank you guys SO much for everything! We really are indebted to you!

The cute kiddos enjoying some popcorn and a movie.
Stay tuned- Coming up next...The Florida Keys!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love how good all your pictures are!
Jake can't do spinning rides either!
I love the safari :-)

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

wow, looks like magical time! That stinks about your stroller! The same thing happened to us and Disneyland was going to hook us up with all the free stuff, but then I realized I didn't leave it where I thought I did... I felt pretty dumb! Great pics! Glad you had a fabulous time!