I know I'm almost a month late with a Memorial Day Post but I'm trying to play some catch up before we leave again for 2 weeks to Minnesota.
Pretty much every Memorial Day since I married into the Smith family, we have gone to Grandma & Grandpa Chapman's cabin up in the pines of AZ. It' a family tradition that I love and hope to continue every year. It is so beautiful up there and it is always a nice escape from the heat of the valley during the summers.
We almost always go for a walk through the woods and this time we got lost. We eventually made it to a little farm with some horses and the owners helped us get back on the right track.
Ethan was so tired and luckily his uncles were willing to carry him on their shoulders for the hour plus hike! What good uncles my kids have!

On our last day there we drove down to a beautiful little lake and walked along the shoreline skipping rocks and avoiding the mean geese.



We came back to the valley for Memorial Day and went to visit Grandpa Smith's grave site. Justin left for some foreign country that morning so he sadly couldn't join us. This is a tradition that they do and it was so neat for me to join them and learn even more of what a great man Justin's grandpa was.
It is so nice to have 3 very helpful aunts and uncles still at home to play with and entertain our kids!


Ellie didn't quite understand why we needed to be reverent at the cemetery and she was so.... helpful....with rearranging the bouquets of flowers on different people's gravestones and ripping the flags out of the ground. She has good taste for pretty things I suppose :)
2 comments:
ha,ha, I laughed at the comment about the mean geese. One of our kids favorite things to do when we're up there is feed the ducks at the lake, and we always get bullied by those geese. The white one is especially moody.
you guys are always on the go! what fun!
Post a Comment