Saturday, March 12, 2011

Justin Turns 29!

Whew. March is full of birthdays on the Smith side of the family! Today is my handsome husbands 29th birthday! I would love to do 29 reasons as to why I love him but I think I will save it for next year and do 30. This post originally started out to just be all about Justin but I forgot to add pictures on my last post of Ellie from the little combined b-day party we had, so I will do my best to not let Ellie take away the spotlight too much.

On Friday night we had the Smith's over for a combined bday party for Ellie and Justin.


Ellie got a baby stroller (from G&G Sims) and a baby doll (from G&G Smith). It's about time this little lady has something to play with besides trucks and cars!
She was so happy!
Here is Justin reading his happy birthday cards. His family is always so good about having each family member write a meaningful note inside the birthday card. They are always really sweet.
After presents, we sang happy birthday and had some yummy strawberry cupcakes. Nothing fancy but they sure were good! I made Justin his favorite No-Bake Cheesecake which he got all to himself :)
Ellie devoured her cupcake and screamed for more but she thought the ice cream was pretty darn good and settled for that instead.
This was Justin birthday card that they gave him at work. I laughed SO hard at this when he showed it to me.
*If you didn't notice, Justin's face is photoshopped in Justin Bieber's body!
At the bottom it says:
They both are named Justin
They both have March birthdays

and then......
The secretary at work, Melanie, stole this picture from an old blog post (here) and couldn't resist using it! I seriously laughed so hard. Thanks Melanie! It's fabulous!

It was so fun celebrating their birthdays and I'm so grateful for our little family. I'm not only grateful for my kiddos but also so my incredible companion. I love this amazing husband of mine for so many reasons and I consider myself a VERY lucky gal to have snatched him up. He is SO patient, kind and forgiving. He has all the qualities that I could have ever asked for in a husband. I am quite simply crazy about him!

Oh yeah, and he is a pretty rockin' Dad too :)
Happy Birthday Justin! Sure love ya!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Ellie and Justin! I'm soooooo jealous that Ellie is wearing that cute summery outfit. We're MONTHS away from that here in Ohio :)

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

ok, hilarious card! love the pic of you and ellie pointing at each other! you look so pretty! I forget our husbands are the same age!

Mama's Makin's said...

ha ha! LOVE the card. :) I have made a few fun ones in my day. . . I might have to email it to you. . . :)