Remember that time not so long ago when my husband was gone for 3 weeks and I had my parental breakdown moment? Well, I think the company felt sorry for me that I had been husbandless for so long and sent me with him on a trip to the Grand Canyon and to Vegas! Sure, we had about 20 other people with us from Turkey that Justin was taking care of but I didn't care. I was so excited to get to spend some time with my cute hubby.
My in-laws were so kind to watch our kids while we got to see the beauty of the Grand Canyon again!

Here is the massive group of Turks that Justin took care of for a week or so. They went to Disneyland and Universal Studios as well and I can only imagine trying to shuffle this whole group of people around those places when they don't speak English, and only have 1 translator! I think that deserves a raise in and of itself!


This picture would have been so frame worthy if the guy taking it would have only gotten the gorgeous sunset in it! I mean really, how hard is it to put us on the far left hand side of the picture?!? Oh well. I guess he was nice to take it for us.

In Las Vegas, we stayed in the Paris Hotel. It was so cool inside there with the fake ceiling, the gorgeous architecture, French smelling food (intermingled with the casino smoke, yuck), and lovely music being played.


The Eifel Tower they have there is pretty impressive. Unfortunately this still doesn't make up for our missed trip to Paris and London last year. That was a sad, sad day. If you don't remember what happened, you can read about it here. *Sigh* Someday.


There is not much for us LDS people to do in Vegas if we want to uphold any kind of standards so we always opt for going to a show. This time we went to see La Réve. This show was highly rated but honestly, I wasn't that impressed. We have also seen the show "O" and I felt the same. I guess I'm just not much into the modern art way of doing things. It was cool to see what crazy things they can do with their bodies but the story lines are always weird... like Alice in Wonderland type weird.
It was a quick but fun trip and I was SO happy to spend some much needed time with Justin. I sure do love him to pieces!
2 comments:
can you believe Dustin and I STILL haven't seen the grand canyon? Lame huh!
I had my own little breakdown the other day, being in pain and trying to be a mom one day just overwhelmed me. I'm glad you had a getaway!!
Post a Comment