Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Robbed

Justin is in Guadalajara, MX this week for work (which is why I have had a ton of catch -up posts in the past few days) and he called me the other night with some bad news. He got robbed. I have a feeling our parents are probably reading this shaking their heads and wanting to call me up right now and say, "See. We told you so! Stay out of Mexico!" :) I was just happy that I was talking to Justin and that he was ok. It could have been a lot worse.

Apparently he and his work companion down there went into a restaurant to eat, locked the doors of the truck, and when they came back out they noticed that someone had busted into the car and had stolen both of their suitcases. Luckily, Justin had his backpack in the restaurant with him with his camera and computer but he had ALL of his other personal items in the suitcase. He only had his backpack and the clothes on his back. Clothes, shaver, toothbrush, that is all replaceable but he was most sad about having his scriptures and his journal (which was from the past 5 years of our marriage) stolen. He has had those scriptures for a long time and had so much great info in them- quotes, inspirations, etc. I just wanted to cry for him. Those two things are priceless and I know that whoever stole them has, without thought, thrown them in the trash. It makes us sick to our stomachs to think about it.

Well, I'm just glad that Justin wasn't held at gun point and that the suitcase was the only thing we lost. Him traveling to other countries has never made me nervous before, but now I'm a little bit more apprehensive about it. He can't not stop traveling though. It's his job. I just pray everytime he is gone that he will come back to me safely :) I couldn't deal with losing my sweet husband :)

7 comments:

Gooch Family said...

So scary! Glad he is ok!!

Brittney said...

Oh my gosh. How scary, and SO so so sad about his scriptures and journal. That is seriously too bad. Maybe they kept the scriptures and read them. :) riiight. Well, at least Justin is safe!

Crowley Family said...

That's so scary. I'm glad he's okay.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeff and alli said...

Scary scary! I'm glad he is safe.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! That is more than a little depressing. But I'm relieved that he is okay as well. Phew! The world needs Justin here to make it a better place.

Tiffany said...

So sorry to hear of the bad news....we're glad he's safe too!