Friday, July 16, 2010

Ellie Marie- 4 Months

It's hard to believe how much this little girl has grown! I LOVE this stage Ellie is in.. I had forgotten how fun it is! Here is what our little lovebug is up to...
  • She has found her hands and grabs at everything! She will grab her feet and roll around from side to side, grab objects on her play gym, and if I am holding her, she will attack anything I have in my hands and want to hold it. She has just started to put the objects in her mouth as well. Today I was eating a granola bar and she attacked it with her hands and shoved it in her mouth before I could stop her! So I spent awhile fishing around in her mouth for any pieces :) It is also a lot of fun watching her akwardly put her binky back in. She cant quite do it yet, but she is close.
  • I think she will be a blanky baby.. She loves to hold anything in her hands but especially something soft. It calms her right down.
  • She is a bottom lip sucker! She doesn't even want her binky most of the time because she sucks on her bottom lip... It is so cute though when she is sucking on it and looks up and gives a big closed mouth smile with those chubby little cheeks!
  • She watches everything we do! She is constantly following us around the room with her pretty blue eyes...
  • When she is on her back playing, she will arch her back and push with her feet. She is always in a different position than when I left her.
  • We finally got her to laugh! Only once though...See post below..
  • I haven't had a well check for her yet but she caught a nasty sinus infection and when we went to the doc this week she weighed 14lbs 1 oz
  • She still eats every 3 hours although in the next month or so I think I'm going to work on getting her to an every 4 hour schedule. Maybe.
  • She sleeps from 8pm to 6am and it is heavenly!
As usual, I can't ever decide on just one or two pictures so.... here's a truck load of them:)

She always pulls her headband down over her eyes but she never seems to complain about not being able to see. I will almost always find her like this when I get her out of the car... silly girl :)

Ethan had to jump in on the camera action too...
"Look Mommy! Brudder and Sister!"
Oh man. I love these two kids SO much!
I LOVE this picture of Ethan... isn't he such a handsome little boy?! I think so. But I may be biased.


8 comments:

Heather Dayton said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your children are both so beautiful. It's impossible to be unbiased when it comes to your kids-haha! Seriously though - Ellie is SOOO gorgeous and Ethan is VERY handsome!

Jamie said...

oh my goodness - Ellie looks just like ethan did - and Ethan now looks just like Justin - I love it. So cute!

Karen said...

Beautiful kids! Both of your kids are at fun ages.

Mama's Makin's said...

super cute and fun! :) Hey, I don't know if you have a "excersaucer" or not, but she seems like she is the perfect age for one. If you would like to use mine, you are welcome to it. I won't need it for oh another 6 - 8 months :) You prob. all ready have one. who knows. And mine is a hand me down. (In fact I often would take it out side while Mia played. ) The only catch is I am sure it would need a good wipe down. :) But most of the parts come off and I just washed them in the dishwasher! :) Let me know if you do. :)

Loved the pictures. And the bows, wow, you have been making some with out me for sure !:) LOL. is that bow hanger full?

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The McLemore's said...

She is adorable!!!!!!

Erika said...

Ashleigh, your baby is gorgeous! How fun our babies are so close in age! Sadie just started rolling and I'm discovering all the little things on the floor that I need to be better about picking up. I hope number 2 has been just as much fun as your number 1. Boy, he has gotten big! Your family is beautiful as always! :) I hope all is well!