Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ethan's First Best Friend

Meet Melanie (or Me-Me is how Ethan says her name). This is Ethan with his new best friend!

This little girl and her parents (pictured below) are in our ward. Melanie is a few months older than Ethan and her parents are pretty much the only other young married couple in our ward with a kid around Ethan's age so we enjoy hanging out with them. These two kids love to play together and will chase each other around outside until they are both about to collapse from exhaustion! It's so cute to see them giggle and "talk" with each other and even though Ethan "talks" in English and Melanie in Spanish, they somehow understand each other.

They also love to give each other hugs and kisses, this is probably from the result of too much parental involvement in their relationship, but hey, we can't help it, it's just too cute!

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure cute little Melanie was "kissing" Ethan, not trying to eat his chin :)

I'm so glad that Ethan has someone close to his age to play with! These two are so cute playing together and get so excited to see each other! The second we walk into the chapel doors, Ethan looks for Melanie and says "Me-Me!!" when he finds her. The whole first half of sacrament meeting in church also usually consist of Ethan standing in his chair, pointing back to where Melanie is seated and saying over and over "Me-Me!, Me-Me!" And she does the same to Ethan. It's really cute! They love to get into trouble together as well and I'm definitely thinking that we have two partners in crime in the making :)

4 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Oh my goodness that is so cute!!! She is a darling little girl. Maybe Ethan will pick up some Spanish?

Gooch Family said...

That is the cutest ever! I love that she is kissing his chin, haha. I'm glad you found someone for Ethan to play with, it makes such a difference. Also, do you speak spanish pretty well now? Every time I read your blog I wonder how the heck you do it down there, I feel like I would be so frustrated every day.

Shannon said...

That is so cute Ashleigh!! Ethan is seriously getting so big. I love that he calls her Me-Me!!

Megan said...

hello hello! I love these pictures, and yes that little boy was yours. I didn't know that could even happen until you told me about little ethan getting sick. So I thought I had to try something... well as you can see it was definately too time consuming and I should have just done the cake with the sugar!! But anyway, I hope that all is well! I like seeing your updates on goodreads! That series that you have been reading looks like a good one, I may have to try it!