Monday, November 3, 2008

Eternal Families...

So Im reading a really touching book series called the Ariana Trilogy and Im really enjoying them! It is a touching story of a girl who lives a messed up life with immorality, drugs, etc. but finds the gospel of Jesus Christ and completely changes her life and becomes a strong member of the church. (There's more to it, but thats all I can tell you:). Anyways, yesterday I was reading a really sad/touching part of the book and was crying...like I usually always do. It was a part in the book where the gospel of Jesus-Christ helps a family realize that there is a such thing as eternal families and we can still see those who have passed on someday. And, my sweet son came up to me, crawled into my lap, looked at me, touched my tears and said "wa-wa!" (water). He then preceeded to touch all of my tears and then gave me a kiss. I gave him a hug and told him how much I loved him. He then wanted down and continued playing but I sat there, watching him and thanked my Heavenly Father for that tender mercy my sweet one year old son had given me. I needed it.

Since then I have been re-thinking just how lucky I am to have the knowledge that our families are eternal. I cant imagine losing a child or worse, Justin, and although both would be devastating, at least I know that I will be able to see them again someday and have hope in that glorius day that our family would be reunited. I cant remember what I used to believe about eternal families or life after death before I was a member of this church, but that was a huge "selling point" to me when investigating and taking the missionary disscussions. I remeber thinking, how could our Heavenly Father not allow us to live again with those we love the most here on this earth? What a beautiful promise our Heavenly Father has given us!- as long as we live worthily of it. I know that we can live with our loved ones again someday and that if we have ever lost anyone we have loved, we can always find comfort in prayer and in the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Sorry to take so long on this. I have felt for awhile as if I need to write more spiritual aspects of life on our blog, rather than just all Ethan ( dont worry there will still be plenty of that!!) Always feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing what yall have to say :)

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Such a sweet story...

As for your question about the tool bench, Jamie Herbert asked the very same question and this is what I told her:

We got it from Toys 'r Us. It's Black and Decker and cost $50 or $60, if I'm remembering correctly.

He LOVED it at first. As with most toys, the excitement has since faded. He still plays with it occasionally, especially when friends come over. The drill and the saw are pretty cool. The annoying thing is that he hammers on it ALOT. Which, of course, is pretty loud and somewhat annoying. We bought it because of the skrews--he was really into the fine motor stuff, but he doesn't really use those much anymore.

I'd say, if you want to buy him a big Christmas present, this is a fun one.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that the knowledge of always having my husband and family was a big "selling" point with me too. I am grateful to always have you to speak of when someone tells me of how great a convert I am... I always say "I'm not the only one like me from my hometown" and I proceed to tell them about you and others I know of. Thanks for being you!

Alis said...

Hi,
I found your blog through a friend of a friend (hope you don't mind me reading!) and just wanted to thank you for sharing! When did you join the Church?

jeff and alli said...

I read those books forever go and loved them and cried while reading them too. :) Thanks for sharing.

jeff and alli said...

Hey, I am a member of goodreads. I'll try to add you as a friend.

And to answer your link question, go to the customize part of your blog, and add a gadget which you'll find at 'edit layout' I added the link by choosing to 'add a picture' Then I added the picture I wanted. I just went to either mormon.org or lds.org and copied a image and added it. For which site is best, that is up to you You add the link at the same place where you add a picture. Does that make sense? If not, comment on my blog and I can email you.

jeff and alli said...

Ashleigh, I tried to add you to my goodreads, but I don't think it worked. Maybe try to add me?

Britni said...

I read that series when I was in high school and obsessed with LDS lit and still love them. They really do hit home and make you remember how blessed you are.

Meg and Abe said...

Hey I was wondering if you could email me a few of your bridal pics sometime this week. I am doing an ad on theknot.com for wedding hair and I am trying to get pictures of wedding hair I have done to possibly put on the ad. You can send them to my email which is: megford1@yahoo.com

thanks!