The whole Chapman Family, well minus one family and a few kids
Justin's cousin Austin and Ethan. I have no idea where Austin got these green things but Ethan hated them. He was scared to death of them and would run away from them if they were on the floor. Poor Kid.
Ethan and Daddy just relaxing on the bed. Ethan will do this when he is content and tired (which doesnt happen all that often). It's a cute way to let us know he's ready for bed.
We went to Jump On It and Ethan loved jumping around on everything. He is just learning how to jump but has not quite mastered it yet. Its really cute. This is his Aunt Caryn jumping with him.
Ok so are you ready to hear all the drama of the family reunion? So the first Saturday of the reunion we got a call from our aunt with news that Justin's cousin, Cheree, had died that morning. The funeral was the next Monday so we tried to spend time with their family and stayed until then.
Then that next day I started showing signs of a miscarriage. You probably didnt know that I was pregnant because we didnt tell anyone, but at that time i was about 9 weeks along. The next Tuesday the signs got a lot worse and we had to go to the hospital since I was a few states away from my doctor. We spent 4 hours in the waiting room just waiting to see someone. It finally got so bad that I told them we needed to see someone asap. Unfortunately I lost the baby in the hospital but luckily I didnt have to have a DNC and they said that everything looks good to have more kids.
Of course we were sad to have this happen but we have tried to have a really positive attitude about it. We know that it is all in the Lord's plan and feel grateful that we have a happy, healthy little Ethan running around and that I can most definitly have more kiddos. We just say that Heavenly Father realized how special that little baby was- too special to come to earth- and simply changed his mind! We hope to have more come to us though!
Despite the craziness, it was a awesome family reunion!
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about the loss! Hope you guys are doing ok. I think your little Ethan is so handsome!
Ashleigh, I'm so sorry to hear about losing your cousin. I'm also so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It is physically and emotionally painful. I hope that you are feeling well. I'm glad that you are trying to see the positive and I hope that you're able to bring another little one to your family soon. My heart goes out to you.
Sorry to you both about your losses. I had a miscarriage earlier this year and Jeff & I both felt that the Gospel helped that whole experience.
Ashleigh, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a great outlook you and Justin have. I hope your are doing well!
Post a Comment