Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fall Break and October

These pictures are in no particular order. Let's be honest, it takes way too much time to cut and paste them. 

Cameron fell asleep one afternoon holding onto my thumb like so. He did not want to let go and I didn't want him to. I sat there for a good long time just admiring his sweet little face and tiny little fingers. 

Mason has refused naps since he was about 2 years old. Sad, I know. He used to be happy even through the 5pm bewitching hour, and then i'm not sure what happened but he turns into the biggest grump around 4pm. He needs a nap so bad but wont take one. 
So I had to document his cute, grumpy little face sporting Ellie's pink princess bicycle helmet one afternoon.

It was around mid October when Cam started busting out the gummy smiles freely. Melt my heart. 

Have I mentioned that Ellie is a fabulous sister? She can always get Cameron to smile. 

We took Ethan to see Meet the Mormons in the theaters. We all loved it. It was so inspiring and uplifting. Definitely one that we will be buying for our home!

We are beyond blessed to live so close to so many temples. We took our kids through the Phoenix Temple's open house and they behaved SO much better than when we took them through our Gilbert Temple. It's a lot of work and effort to bring our kids to things like this, or church history sites, or heck..even to church but we feel as if any opportunity we have to strengthen their little testimonies is worth any mount of effort! 

The temple is simple and yet so beautiful inside. 


Just some more of Cameron. 
He fell asleep sitting straight up like this. Pretty sure I could do that at any given  moment too. 


First time in the Bumbo. He loves being able to see everyone in this thing.

He turned 2 months old in October. 2 months is just starting to enter my favorite stages. I mean, I love little newborns, dont get me wrong...but the sleep deprivation does a number on me and we always have babies with some sort of medical issues in the first few months so... it's hard.  
2 months is wonderful though!

He has been by far our chunkiest baby! Wrist, Elbow and Thigh Rolls...Oh my! Seriously, I could just eat him up.

Justin's brother Davin, and his wife Stephanie had their sweet baby Truman in November. Mom Smith and I attended Steph's baby shower before the little guy arrived. They were definitely showered with lots of good things!

Ellie is in tumbling and is constantly practicing her kartwheels, handstands, etc. around the house. She accidentally did her kartwheel into a wall and hit her head. She immediately went to the freezer for something cold to put on it and grabbed my breastmilk storage bag. Picture worthy!
For the FHE before Halloween, the Wagners invited me and the kids over for some pumpkin carving, Justin was out of town. 

Just so you know, this is how you carve a pumpkin.....

It was taking us for forever to just get the tops off so Clay took matters into his own hands and came up with a solution.  He sawed those babies right off! Awesome, right?!

Tripp and Ellie cleaning out the pumpkins...

The finished pumpkins!


Halloween is always so much fun in our neighborhood. Justin flew back into town that day, and took the kids trick or treating and I sat outside with our neighbor, Angie, and passed out candy. 

We have an Elsa, a Mario, and a Jake and the Neverland Pirate!
This costume cracks me up with the black hair!

I felt brave and took the kids to the zoo. We always have so much fun when we go.




She's now ready to work at  dairy!

It's always fun to go over to the Smith's house after church on Sundays to eat dinner and play with the family. On this particular Sunday, the boys had a game of basketball going on. 
Mom and Dad Smith just started teaching a mission prep class at their home on Sunday evenings, so we will miss doing this for the next few years!


Chalene is such a fabulous aunt. She is so good to our kids. 

Over fall break, a few of us Smith's rented a gigantic cabin up in the mountains for 2 days. I love living so close to cooler weather and snow. but I also really love enjoying for a few days and then being able to go back home to beautiful 70 degree weather. 


There were lots of games and activities there for us and the kids to do. Hillbilly Golf, Corn hole, and horse shoes are always good ones. 





The cabin was right by some hiking trails that we ventured out on one afternoon.





This is Uncle Nate. 








The sunsets were spectacular. 

And last but definitely not least, Cameron was blessed by Justin this month. it was a beautiful blessing and we are so lucky to have a support group nearby.

I really could not imagine our family with out this sweet, sweet baby. He has brought so much joy to us. We are pretty blessed to be his parents. 



No comments: