Our neighbors, The Wagners, are awesome. They have 4 kids like us and 2 of our kiddos are the exact same ages...like were born within 6 weeks of each other. It's pretty fun. During the summers, they blow this huge water slide up and invite our kids over. Hours and hours of fun right there.
Maybe this summer, when I'm not 9 months pregnant, I'll put on my bathing suit and join them! It looks like a whole lot of fun!
Oh I just love this kid. He is one cute little 2 year old with personality plus. For awhile, he was on a kick of always wanting to wear a bike helmet.
Tripp and Ellie are still best buds. They play with each other almost everyday and they always prefer to play with each other rather than any other friends that might come over to play. I hope they are always good friends and watch out for each other in high school.
Mason gets on little kicks of obsession with different things. For a long time, it was flags, and it now has turned into Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I bought him these figurines at the Disney store and he spent all afternoon carefully lining them up and playing with them. We quickly learned that we always need to have replacements! If one gets lost, Mason is a very sad little boy.
In September, we were still sleep deprived. I do not have much recollection of the months of August and September. I came home one night and found both my boys asleep on the couch. Being a newborn must be rough :)
Cameron has been my only kid so far that I have not been able to nurse.
To make a long story short, He was both tongue and lip tied...meaning his frenulum was too short to allow him to move his tongue around (which makes nursing super hard for him) and he wasn't able to bring his upper lip up and over the bottle and or breast. So basically he was chomping down on me.
What that meant for me was that it was 3 weeks of absolute torture. I was so cut up and ripped to shreds that I could not latch him on with our shaking and crying in pain every.single.time. So we got his tongue fixed at 3 weeks old but it grew back. I cried. After we found out his frenulum grew back, I stopped putting him to the breast and pumped to allow myself time to heal up. And by his 8th week of life, we finally got everything fixed and healed on both our ends. Since I had kept up my supply by pumping, I tried to nurse him again. After 2 days, I was ripped to shreds again and I said forget it! I continued pumping for him until my milk dried up when he turned 3 months old. Had he had been my first or even second kid, I totally might have pushed through and figured out a way to still nurse him but he's my fourth. I still had 3 other little energetic children to try to keep up with.
Pumping completely takes the convenience out of everything but I'm glad I at least made it 3 months so he could get the good antibodies out of it. Once the guilt of not nursing left, I realized just how nice it is to bottle feed.... I have lots of willing helpers while I fixed dinner, and they love being able to feed and hold him.
Cameron turned 1 month old in September and was gaining weight like a champ!
Ellie is an amazing sister and helper. She is the first to help out and is so kind and sweet with her younger siblings. From our bathroom, I went into our bedroom to change and when I came back, Ellie had put layers of towels, clothes, whatever she could find I think, on baby Cam so he wouldn't get cold.
These two love crafts. Even something as simple as painting.
I should do this more often with them.
Look at Ellie's wild and crazy curls!!
We are SO blessed to be able to live in such a fabulous neighborhood. Not only is it aesthetically beautiful but there are so many neighbor kids to play with. Here Ellie is with 2 of her very best friends, Brinnley and Alexa. They do tumbling and preschool together.
I caught Ellie fixing Mason's hair one day. She was saying things like, "Now hold still" and "Don't move!" I wonder where she has heard those things from. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment