After Osorno, we traveled even more north to the cute, quaint town of Valdivia.
We stayed in a super cute and pretty hotel right on the bank of the river and later that morning, we headed into town to see some of the city.
We had some time to spare while we waited for our river "cruise" to begin so we walked around the market and enjoyed watching the locals do their thing.
I'm pretty sure there are more dogs than people in Chile. No really, I think there might be. This one was pretty funny using the anchor for a pillow.
There were sea lions all over by the marketplace. It was really cool to see them so close to us.
This guy below had a good friend who would wait for him to throw pieces of fish for him to eat.
He was huge!! If any other sea lion would try to come by, he would growl and yelp til they went away. If you can't tell, this not so little guy was all business when it came to his food!
Funny story.... When I first met Justin and went over to his apartment, I was so excited when I saw what I thought was the Texas flag hanging in the living room. I asked who was from TX and everyone kinda snickered and told me that it was actually the Chilean flag! Apparently the majority of boys in that apt had served their missions in Chile. I was so embarrassed that I claimed to have Texas pride and couldn't even recognize my own flag :)
This fellow below was mostly drunk and probably a little crazy but he was quite talented in training the pigeons to take food out of his hand.
We did a little guided tour of the city via the river and it was nice to just relax and listen to some history. The views weren't breathtaking or anything but it was fun to see another area of Chile.





No comments:
Post a Comment