Sunday, March 23, 2014

Chile- Puerto Montt

After the trade show, we hopped on a flight down to the southern half of Chile to the cute seaside town of Puerto Montt. Justin and Eduardo needed to meet with a potential distributor there and so the whole day that they were gone, Gladys and I walked around the town and shopped at the local stores. 

We had quite a beautiful view of the ocean and I spent some time reading a good book next to the window...such a treat for me!

The next day we drove up north a little ways to see Petrohue Falls. This place was incredible. Unfortunately, the active Osorno Volcano, wasn't super visible that day but the Petrohue River was pretty enough for me. 

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. I'm sure they all kinda look the same to y'all but to me, each one has something different or special in it :)









We took a walk through the National Park down to the lower part of the river as well. It was SO pretty!








It started sprinkling on us as we were heading out of the park so we ended the day with some warm bread and butter that some local Chileans were selling outside the park. We drove that night even more up north to Valdivia, Chile, where we spent the next day. 

Isn't Chile gorgeous? We didn't make it there this trip but I hear the most southern parts of Chile are some of the most beautiful places in the world. We are already planning that trip and putting it on our bucket list for the future. 

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Now that I've seen Europe, Chile and China I have told Jake I would move to Chile in a heartbeat! I love it there.