Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New Years, Snow & Cabin Adventures

I am desperately trying to find time to get all caught up on January so I can blog about our awesome trip to Chile! Well, ok let's be honest... the Olympics have occupied a few of my nights this week.. so I guess I'm not too desperately trying. I really should blog about our trip though before the details flee my brain. I can assure you, that doesn't take long.

For New Years, we went up to the Smith's neighbors cabin in Pinedale, AZ. 
The cabin was huge and easily accommodated 16 people. We had fun playing around on the zipline, playing wiffle ball baseball, rocking out to Just Dance, and just hanging out together- which is like the most fun thing to do!


Ethan loved the zipline. It cost us a whole dollar to get him to come down it the first time though. He runs a heavy bargain.


Mason had fun doing what Mason does best... exploring as far away from Mom and Dad as possible!

Everyone ohhhed and ahhhed over Barrett and Lindsay's Celeste. She's so pretty and has eyes that just sparkle!

Ellie never ceases to amaze us with her athletic ability at only 3 years old. Not only can she pin her 6 year old brother down, but she can hit a ball thrown at her like she was born to do it. 
Every kid loves those Flintstone bats, right?!


Ellie definitely has the perfect amount of girly-ness and tomboy-ness (I don't think those are real words). She loves to dres up and wishes so bad that she had long hair like Rapunzel. For now, this is as good as we can get!

Dad Smith can always be found putting a ridiculously huge puzzle together at pretty much any given family get away. He had just a few helpers with this one.

The finished product!

On New Years Day, ( or the day after, I can't remember) we drove about 45 minutes north to find some snow! Some of these pictures below were taken by me and some by Steph. Gotta give credit where it's due, right?

Ethan spent the first half hour eating as much snow as he could. 


Then we hiked up the big hill and started sledding!








The lake at the bottom was frozen but it's enough to make a mom just a little bit nervous to see their children sledding out on there!


Can you tell these two are brothers or what?!

And for all you single ladies out there (or if you have a cute sisters), this guy is single and looking. He's such a good kid. He'd make any mom proud. 
Have I embarrassed you enough Nate? ;)

This stud below is NOT single. He's all mine. 


I most definitely claim the handsome little guy below too...

Even if he does have on ghetto purple snow gloves... that did nothing for keeping his poor little hands warm. I felt so bad for him, but he was happy exploring the snow!

After a few hours there, our kiddos were all snowed out and at the brink of exhaustion. 

After a few wonderful days there, we said our goodbyes and all went back to our own homes. Some back in the valley, and some headed back up to even more snow in Idaho.
 I must say that I love where we live. Beautiful winters that last longer than you might think, but we don't have to live in the snow. It is wonderful that we are only 1.5 hours of a drive away from snow in the winter and cooler temps in the summer. 

Thanks family for some super fun holiday memories!