Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas- Ugly Sweater Party

Yep, I'm still trying to play catch up over here! Maybe someday I'll get to the point where I can update this blog on the cute little everyday things that happen around here... but for now, let's start with post- Christmas.

We had all the Smith's over Christmas night for an ugly sweater party. Yes, I know it's kind of the cliche thing to do but let's be honest.. it is SO much fun!

The ugly sweaters came out and they did not disappoint!
 A few of Justin's siblings...
Caryn, Chalene, Nate, and Jordan

Dad wearing this sweater made me laugh so hard... I think it's the shoulder pads that make it so awesome!
 Nate and Chanda (sister)
 Davin (brother) & Stephanie
Barrett (brother) and Lindsay

And us!

  We went low key on the snacks and just made some Travis' Salsa... ohhhh it is so yummy!

Later, we played some Minute to Win It games. It was SO fun!







Justin and I have decided that we need to make it a yearly thing to hold a family party at our house every year. I would really like to be one of those super fun and energetic couples that has themed parties for friends over at our house but 1) the thought of being in charge of how much fun other people are having, scares me.  2) Justin travels out of town too much to make friends. And 3) Because he travels so much, we kinda just like to be together and do our own thing. Is that so bad?? :)

After the craziness of Christmas, we just kinda chilled for the next few days... playing outside with Christmas toys, playing with friends and admiring this gorgeous rose growing in my front yard! I couldn't resist taking pictures of it.


 This little guy is so busy. I can't get him to sit still and thus these are the best pics I could get of him with his new Cozy Coupe. He loves this thing. 
  Tripp and Ellie had fun admiring and playing with each others Christmas toys. I love that they are such good friends. 
 Stay tuned for many more pictures of the holidays! 

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I totally get keeping family time family time when the husband who is gone a lot is home!!!!!! I do that. I retreat when Jake is home b/c he's so busy.