Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sickness- Thank you Kindergarten!!

We have been battling sickness around here. It all started when the kids both had stomach bug that caused them to throw up  few times in the middle of the night. Since then, they have had runny noses and super chapped lips but luckily they are feeling 100% better I think.

I on the other hand feel like crud. Last Sunday my throat started to hurt and I just thought that it was from straining my voice while singing in Primary that day (I'm the new Primary chorister in our ward!! :) but by the next morning, it felt like my throat was on fire. I just thought that it was muscle soreness but as the day went on, it got worse and I was SO nauseated. So on Wednesday my husband told me I needed to go to the doctor to see what's wrong. I didn't want to have to pay $20 for our co pay but luckily my hubby convinced me that I needed to go and the money didn't matter. I hadn't eaten or drunk (drank?) anything in 2 days and was super weak.  I was worried that my milk supply would decrease due to that. Anyway, they did a strep test and sure enough.. strep throat. Awesome. Did you know that it's pretty rare that those test come back positive? Apparently it's true. So I got some antibiotics yesterday evening and while my throat feels a little bit better today, I think I caught the kids stomach bug on top of that. I feel like I could throw up at any moment and I'm just praying that I dont! A throat on fire plus throwing up?? That's a killer combo. 

Here's to hoping that this is the end of our sickness around here! Oh and hopefully I'll update on all our October adventures soon!

3 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I am sick too! Jake is staying home from school to care for me :) GET WELL!

Kayla and Joshua said...

O-U-C-H! that sounds awful, stomach bug AND strep throat, pretty miserable sounding. sorry about strep throat..yeah it rarely comes back as positive one time wait no twice, i was CONVINCED i had it but I didn't. weird. I'm sorry everyone is so sick and you've got it the worst. hopefully it goes quickly!

Laurie Huish said...

MD came home sick from school last week and I remember having the same "thank you kindergarten" thoughts. Sounds like it has been rough over there-Hope everyone feels better soon!