Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Organization- It Makes Me SO Happy!

Our toy room has never not been organized. Messy? Of course, it's a toy room but everything has always had its place. The toy organizers that I previously had were great but they were open and just gave the appearance of a messy room. So I found these organizing shelves at Ikea and knew that I just had to re-do our toy room. I also saw it on a blog here and totally copied her :)

I love how they turned out!! Here is a picture of the whole room. 
 Oh and our toy room is actually our loft. Love having a loft for that purpose!

For the bigger toys that won't fit in the cubbies, I have these big bins that are labeled. I think they were $7 each at Wal-Mart.

 My super duper talented friend in the ward cut all these labels out for me on her silhouette. Thanks again Kristen!
 I still need to label the bottom drawer...
 As cheesy as it may be, I just love our map wall. To the side of the map, I put up lots of pictures from the different places we have traveled. 
 This area will be the girly area. In our new house I want to put up a mirror right above the shelf for dress up purposes. Plus, it's really good for kids to have a mirror for creative play, Someday, I'm sure we'll also put a doll house on top. 
Ahhh... it's so refreshing to re-organize! 

5 comments:

Kayla and Joshua said...

Oh I lOVE it!! I love love LOOVE to organize things. My body was seriously made neatly and organized I think because nothing makes me happier. (I get it from my mom) I think it looks fabulous and I love the idea of the map and pictures of where you've been! How fun! It's nice that everything is labeled so there are no excuses when things go in the wrong place. (I'm a total stickler on the RIGHT places, my poor future kids.) Love it!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I just told a friend today I need to tackle some organization projects around here, great motivation!

Ian and Kristen said...

It turned out so cute Ash! I will get you that last label asap :)

Summer Naylor said...

Awesome! I want your play room!

Lauren said...

I LOVE this! It looks amazing!