Friday, May 4, 2012

A Really Fun Day

Today was such a fun day! We went swimming in our new kiddie pool in our backyard and the kids had a blast!
 The Phoenix Valley summers are nothing to get excited about but one good thing is that you can go swimming just about everyday and the water is just like bath water! The big pools are still a little chilly right now but we've been a few times and it's actually not too bad! 

Pool time started off pretty relaxed and the kids contently played with the toys...


 But 5 minutes into it, the wild rumpus began!!!!

 Ok, so it was mostly Ethan who was wild and crazy but they both had a LOT of fun together!
I love Ellie in this pic!

 I really think they could have stayed out there for 2 hours but after an hour I remembered that I had forgotten to put sunscreen on them and it was past nap time anyway.

When we woke up we headed out to Phoenix to the Children's Museum for their free First Friday of the Month Night. It's quite a drive from our house and it was insanely busy but it's well worth it if we all get in free!

The car wash was a popular spot for E & E. 



 Ellie thought it was hilarious to ride with Ethan and laughed the whole time!
 They made me a Mother's Day card in the arts and crafts room, 

 and Ethan cooked us up some yummy pizza in the Pizzeria. 
 They LOVED these little ball mazes that they had there. They both stayed there for forever dropping the ball and watching it work it's way through the maze. 
 There were so many other activities that they did there but I was lucky to get the pictures that I did. Like I said, it was CRAZY busy and I was trying to keep track of both kiddos the whole time. I lost Ethan for about 10 minutes but the workers there are pretty awesome at finding lost kids and helping them find their parents. Sweet, teary eyed Ethan finally found me with help from one of the workers and we had another big talk about staying close to mommy :) I think next time we go, I will need someone to come and help me out with 3 kids to look after! 

After the museum, we got a special treat and stopped by Chick Fil A for a late dinner. I even let the kids share an ice cream after our meals. I think they thought that they were in heaven!

Judging by these pictures, I'd say the kids had a lot of fun today too....


 She cracks me up with her blanky. She sleeps like this all the time! Doesn't she just look so Mary-ish?!
I love spending days like this with the kids! I'm so grateful that I'm able to stay home with them and do fun things like this with them. And with that, I think it's time this one tired mama heads to bed!


3 comments:

Barrett and Lindsay Smith said...

We love that you take them to so many different places. It seems like they just love it, and Ethan always remembers everything about them! The pool picture that you loved with Ellie, we love Ethan in it as well, he cracks us up!

Kayla and Joshua said...

Oh my goodness how fun! What an awesome day with the kids!! Poor Ethan when he was lost. :( when I was younger I was SOO terrified of being left after one time, I was. Lol the swimming pool is a fun idea because it gets hard to find summer activities. You are always so good with your kids and so sweet to them! I love reading your blog!

Mama's Makin's said...

Ha! We almost went - by my friend said she went once and it was crazy buzy. :) We decided to go during the school year is much better - on one of those free or dollar days :) (If you hear about one let me know! :)